Set in a scenic country escape, our unique Syon Park hotel boasts 137 bedrooms, 7 flexible meeting rooms, Marco Pierre White Restaurant, Kallima Spa and a 24-hour gym and indoor swimming pool. The hotel has local transport connections and is only 7 miles from both the city of London and 3 miles from Twickenham Stadium
Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of Great places to work, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team, click on the link below:
Why join the Hilton family as a Conference & Events Operations Manager?
• It''s your world– Your next role could be as a Conference & Banqueting or Food & Beverage Director, or why not move into a different department like, Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Personal Development programmes for Supervisors and Managers
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Employees at Syon Park also benefit from discounted health club membership, discounted access to Syon House and free access to the ‘Secret Garden''
What will I be doing?
• Oversee and manage all Conference & Events operations
• Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
• Ensure compliance of brand standards
• Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
• Aware of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banquet
• Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
• Set achievable budgets and other short- and long-term functional goals
• Provide effective leadership to the Conference and Banquet teams to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
• Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
• Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
• Recruit, manage, train and develop the Conference and Events team
As a Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
• Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
• Record of success in Conference and Events, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
• Exceptional communication skills
• Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Meeting & Events Operations experience in a managerial position in hotel/Events Centre or similar
To apply for this role
• We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
- Job type
- Brentford, United Kingdom
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible