A Revenue Analyst analyses hotel data and presents strategies and forecasts that will help the hotel stay ahead of the competition.
Revenue Analyst Job Description
Update, process, generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports in various systems, including Hiltons Revenue Management System, GRO, Key Hotel Marketing Reports Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Delphi/DMPE, and OnQ FMS, to include, but not limited to:
• Daily OnQ RMS report, Weekly Group Pick-Up Reports, Weekly Booking Pace Reports Daily and Weekly Shop Call Reports, Various Booking Pace reports (i.e.: promotions, seasonal, etc), Month-end Revenue Management, OnQ FMS, and Market Comparison Reports.
• Data entry into various systems, including Excel, assist in preparation of the monthly forecast reports, monthly displacement report, monthly transient historical trend reports, monthly no-show analysis reports and Demand Calendars.
• Development of new reports, as needed, to assist in preparation for the weekly revenue management meetings or data analysis.
• Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels. Analyze and present accurate picture of trends, demand and market conditions.
Monitor and analyze the competition daily and weekly through shop calls, the Internet to identify selling strategies and market trends. Enter shop call information into database. Alert DRM and ADRM of emerging trends.
Maintain and enter accurate rate and demand information in Delphi/DMPE, NETREZ/OnQ PMS and OnQ RMS in a timely manner. Which includes:
• Daily, weekly and monthly updates to transient demand, rack and ssg rates.
• Utilizing OnQ R&I to change rates on SRPs or inventory controls.
• Utilizing RMS to implement inventory controls.
• Maintain / monitor group inventory in CRS. Monitor / follow-up group cut-off dates in all systems.
Accurate preparation and distribution of daily and weekly occupancy forecasts.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
Answer other hotel team member''s questions regarding revenue management in a friendly and courteous manner; provide training to other team members on RM theory as needed.
Ensure that all room''s statistics reports, including OnQ FMS, Report of Operations, and any other related reports are accurate and consistent.
Ensure that all revenue management related systems are maintained, including: OnQ RMS, OnQ FMS, GRO, DMPE/Delphi.. Employ the assistance of the Director of Sales, Director of Front Office, Electronic Sales and Marketing Manager as needed
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent organization skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access Database.
Proficient at statistical and competitive analysis.
Understands GDS and Internet systems.
Understands revenue maximization theory and practice especially yield management and pricing.
Ability to perform critical analysis.
Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Manages time well, correctly prioritizes and is flexible.
Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
What are we looking for?
A Revenue Analyst serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work well under time pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Demonstrated previous experience working in a revenue management or analytical role
- Relevant analytical qualification
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Colonia Centro, Ciudad de México, Mexico
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible