Rooms Division Manager
About the job
What will I be doing?
As a Rooms Division Manager, you are responsible for overseeing all Rooms Division operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Rooms Division Manager will also be required to evaluate guest satisfaction and set department targets and objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee Rooms Division operations (Concierge, Front Office, and Housekeeping)
- Review and refine operating process and procedures with the aim of optimize the workforce.
- Ensure tasks flexibility among the teams to secure a high performance team
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement above all on quality, guest arrival experience and cleanliness
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure smooth and productive communication. Secure guest satisfaction through high service delivery
- Be the face of the House with strong accountability and Ownership.
- Implement activities in our common areas focused on environmental sustainability.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Room Division Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Room Division team
- Contribute to succession planning within the hotel and company
- Ensure team members comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Proficient in property management systems
- Ensure the department adhere to Hilton policies and procedures
- Ensure competence of HHonors loyalty program and ensure compliance
A Rooms Division Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
Housekeeping Management/Front Office Management experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a similar capacity
Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate the team
Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills
Good financial awareness
Accountable and resilient
Ability to work under pressure
Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Fluent in English and Italian
- Languages required: English and Italian.
Hilton Milan is located near the Central Station, a short distance from the city center and well connected with the major airports in Milan.
It has 319 rooms, of which 211 Hilton Guestrooms, 105 Executive Rooms and 3 Suites. For the most discerning traveler, the Executive Rooms offer additional services such as private check-in/check-out and exclusive access to our Executive Lounge with complimentary breakfast, snacks and drinks during the whole day.
The meeting area, our exclusive Hilton meetings is located on the first floor and includes 10 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 6 to 180 people. They are all lightened with natural light and equipped with the latest technologies, including wired and wireless Internet and video conferencing facilities.
The Milano Pacific Restaurant and Cosmopolitan Lobby Bar & Lounge are the venues where you can taste the typical dishes of traditional Italian and local cuisine.
For relaxation and well-being of its guests, the Hilton Milan has a fitness center, equipped with modern facilities that is open 24/7.