A Human Resources Manager with Millennium Hilton New York Downtown is responsible for assisting the Director in the overall management and administration of the Human Resources function in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and to maximize profitability.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manages daily Human Resources operation to include, but not limited to, interviewing and hiring, employment and recruiting, training and development, wage/benefit compensation, team member and labor relations, contract compliance, disciplinary procedures, workers compensation, safety, statutory compliance, recognition and reward and performance evaluations
- Manage team member relations programs, activities and initiatives to include, but not limited to, picnics, holiday functions, health fairs, award banquets and special events
- Oversee function of the data management system to include, but not limited to, entry of team member data, recording employment transitions (i.e. hire, separation, leaves of absence, etc.), generating reports (i.e. payroll analysis, labor turnover, etc.) and processing unemployment claims
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action Plan and Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and regulations
What are we looking for?
A Human Resources Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests - the Team Members.
- 4 year degree in Human Resources, Hospitality, or related field
- Previous human resources managementexperience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- Union experience
- Excellent leadership skills andexceptional communication skills
- Confidentiality,trustworthiness and detail oriented
- 2 years of experience in Human Resources
- 1 years of learning and development experience
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Lower Manhattan, New York, NY, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible