Single point of responsibility for enforcing design and construction standards and monitoring construction activities for all new hotel opportunities (Lease, Franchise and Management Agreement) from the pre-design stage through to hotel opening. This includes all new-build and conversion opportunities for the Hilton Brands.
To act as the focal point for both Hilton departments and Owners/Developers during the design and construction stages of the development of new hotels to ensure operational requirements are met and incorporated into the scheme and to liaise with all Hilton departments (Brand, Operations, IT, Marketing, F&B, Spa, Safety Risk Management and the like) to obtain operational guidelines for the Design Team.
The role will be based in Southern France and will be responsible for projects in North Africa and France and therefore requires extensive travel within the region, including travel to the Middle East. There may also be occasional trans-Atlantic travel.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Planning Activities – 20%
• Management of design for all projects within MENA&T, including new developments, conversions and renovations of existing hotels.
• Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of project management standards is consistent and supported by other areas
• Identifies resources, oversees activities and confers with key stakeholders to ensure objectives of project management standards are accomplished
• Directs assignment of tasks ensuring optimum allocation of resources
• Ensures management communication plan is properly executed
• Oversees and evaluates business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
• Manages cross-functional links to other Technical Services (Architecture and Construction) departments in MENA&T, Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa and globally
• Implements business metrics to ensure effectiveness of project management standards
• Directs development and administration of project management standards
• Provides direction to team members and establishes work priorities to achieve management objectives
• Executes organisational directives and encourages achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership
• Conducts effective management of third parties, identifies vendors and monitors costs and quality of service
• Ensures appropriate talent is in place according to dept staffing plan and develops talent to achieve optimal performance
• Determines staffing needs and oversees recruitment, selection and development
• Works with direct reports to accomplish goals and career objectives (where relevant)
• Assists the Vice President or designated Senior Director AD&C with the development, implementation and on-going management of a commercial development management strategy.
• Directs and implements proper controls and systems
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
• Establishes and enforces policies and procedures to improve overall operations
• Ensures project management standards works effectively across cultures and markets
• Works within approved budgets and adjusts activities and expenses to ensure optimal financial results
Development Management Activities – 80%
• Assists the Vice President or designated Senior Director AD&C in the development and on-going management of in-house project management and reporting tools, databases and the like.
• Assists the Vice President or designated Senior Director AD&C in the preparation of in-house development management policies and procedures including liaising with other Hilton Worldwide departments to ensure that any systems are aligned.
• Preparing internal Hilton reports on a monthly basis.
• Liaison with other Hilton Development Management departments to ensure that best practice is being shared globally.
• Preparation of Project Briefs and Area Programmes (Facilities Schedules).
• Undertake full and comprehensive review of architectural, engineering and fit-out documents and proposals at all stages of the design and construction process: Preliminary, 50% and 100% stages. Preparing associated reports and correspondence.
• Work effectively with developers, owners and project design consultants to optimize design, construction and opening of projects.
• Liaise and assist the in-house Development Department and Brand Teams in the securing of new Projects, throughout the region, by the reviewing of plans, specifications and scheme proposals for technical compliance with Hilton Design and Construction Manuals, Brand Standards and all relevant national and international codes, prior to Contract.
• Make technical design and construction recommendations to the Development team in order to ensure that potential Projects are in accordance with both Technical and Brand Standards.
• Following the agreement of either Lease, Franchise or Management Contracts, provide project leadership on behalf of Hilton and act as main liaison and focus point between the in-house specialists, the outside Developers and their design teams, to ensure the free flow of information and design input from Hilton, throughout the design development and construction periods.
• Raising all areas of non-compliance with Franchisee and Owner (where applicable) and ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to rectify any such non-compliance.
• Carry out regular site inspections of the Project works in progress, to insure full compliance with Hilton Technical, Brand and Operational requirements as well as ensuring compliance with acceptable standards of finishes and quality of workmanship throughout the duration of the works.
• Supervise outside consultants as required during the course of any Project works to Hilton Brands.
• Provide regular written reports on the progress, in respect of financial, contractual and physical progress, at all levels within the company, as required in oral, written or digital presentational formats
• Oversee and assist in the snagging/punch out inspections and production of snagging/punch lists and the post-handover defects correction period inspections, to ensure the Developers and Contractors full compliance with their Contractual obligations through to the final completion of the Project.
• Inspect the works, collate and prepare all necessary project handover information and certification required by the Hilton project management procedures. Participate in the decision making process regarding the opening of the hotel by advising whether or not all AD&C/project related activities are complete and owner obligations discharged.
Property Improvement Plan (PIP) Management
• Occasionally, undertake property inspections of other hotels for the purposes of acquisition or conversion into a Hilton Brand along with the preparation detailed PIP reports on the current status of the hotels and the extent of works required in order to bring the property up to the required standards for re-Branding into one of the Hilton Brands. This will be by reference to both the appropriate Technical and Brand Standards and will include the development of standard PIP report templates, data collection tools and the like.
• On agreement of the PIP, provide project leadership on behalf of Hilton and act as main liaison and focus point between the in-house specialists, the outside Developer''s and their design teams, to ensure the free flow of information and design input from Hilton, throughout the design development and construction periods.
• Monitor the execution and completion of the PIP until satisfactory completion of the works.
• Travel to hotel locations and conduct all necessary meetings with Owners and Hilton representatives.
• Preparation of all general correspondence and communications relevant to the PIP works.
• Inspect the works and certify their completion in accordance with the PIP and participate in the decision making process regarding the opening of the hotel by advising whether or not all AD&C/project related activities are complete and owner obligations discharged.
• Provide regular technical assistance, as and when required, on other ad-hoc Project works as required.
• Working closely with other Project Directors to continuously improve working knowledge of the Design and Construction Standards for all Hilton Brands as well as general products, equipment, finishes, etc.
• Review Design and Construction Standards periodically and when requested.
• Working effectively with Global Design across all projects to create suitable design concepts.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company
• Contribute to multi-skilled projects
• To be aware of business and commercial opportunities for Hilton
• To conduct competitor and industry analysis and produce reports and recommendations to enhance Hilton''s project management processes, procedures, standards, etc.
Positions directly reporting to this position and dotted line relationships (titles):
• Dotted line relationship to the Vice President Architecture, Design & Construction Europe for projects in France
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to read and understand drawings and Design and Construction Standards and all other criteria established by Hilton to determine the physical requirements of all Brands.
• Must be able to read, understand and report on architectural and engineering construction documents, specifications, construction submittals, bulletins, change orders, etc. in order to ensure that the design and construction of projects are in compliance with established standards.
• Excellent general knowledge of design and construction materials and methods and specific knowledge pertaining to the design and construction of full service and focused service hotels.
• Knowledge of the hotel operating contracts and models is desirable. One of the challenging aspects of this position is the need to communicate openly and honestly with Hilton''s partners, maintain a good working relationship with them, but be able to deal for problems when confronted with a design and construction issue which does not meet Hilton requirements.
• Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking.
• Ability to work independently and lead a project team and make effective and timely decisions on behalf of Hilton project stakeholders.
• Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources.
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
• Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others.
• Ability to provide development and mentoring to others.
• Budget development and management skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage the work of others.
• Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance.
• Capable of conversing with both technical and non-technical parties.
• Experience in dealing with developers, Owners and other corporate clients.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• University degree in engineering, architecture, building or quantity surveying or construction-related discipline or experience in lieu.
• Recognised professional qualification in construction related discipline.
• Significant work experience of 15 years or more in property, engineering design and/or construction related roles including 5 years management experience and/or 5 years working within a Client organisation.
• Minimum of 5 years hotel development and construction related experience ideally within an international hotel group.
• Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings.
• An understanding of local building codes, European and International (NFPA) Fire Life Safety codes.
• In-depth knowledge of construction projects and track record of successful project delivery
• Supervisory experience would be advantageous
• Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, construction project programming and AutoCAD software
• Be able to show previous project management experience and be capable of both the leading and monitoring of outside consultants.
• Fluent in English, French and preferably Arabic.
- Job type
- Orly, France
- Starting in
- As soon as possible