A Director of Finance in Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort is responsible for overseeing, directing and administering all financial operations of the hotel, casino and golf course; in the continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Finance, you would be responsible for overseeing, directing and administering all financial operations of the hotel, casino and golf course; in the continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and administer all financial operations of the hotel, casino and golf course to include, but not limited to, asset protection, financial reporting, systems management, property-wide budget and forecasting, department management, and meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Uniform System of Accounts
- Responsible for hotel, casino and golf financial plans and policies, its accounting practices and the maintenance of its fiscal records and establishes or recommends to management economic strategies
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Serve as financial advisor to hotel management and ownership
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the property
- Analyze financial data and profitability to advise management on the value of internal controls and maintaining an efficient operation
- Assist and counsel department heads in the interpretation and analysis of financial data, recommending courses of action to maximize profitability
- Prepare monthly review to present the monthly report of operations
- Prepare annual plan, projections and budgets for the entire property and monitors deviations
- Prepare forecast and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or on corporate/owner''s requests)
- Develop and monitor internal controls to safeguard assets; revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities
- Ensure that all licenses, permits, and insurance policies are current and are in compliance with local, state, and federal laws. Monitor all contracts and agreements and advise hotel management of the terms, conditions and benefits.
- Assume cash management responsibilities, including preparation of statement of cash flow and, if necessary, statement of changes in financial position. Establish and audit for all internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys and personnel time records.
- Provide financial oversight of the capital expenditures process. Ensure capital projects are completed within established critical path and financial projections. Conduct post completion audits of capital projections.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train Accounting staff to ensure accurate accounting and timely reporting of financial data to department heads, management, corporate office and owners
- Ensure hotel, casino and golf operations are in compliance with corporate policies (SPI''s) and governmental rules and regulations. Report irregularities and non-compliant situations to General Manager and Hilton VP-US Hotel Operational Finance, as required by Hilton corporate guidelines.
- Assume a leadership role in the financial management education of supervisory staff.
- Ensure timely completion of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure that the best interest of the hotel, casino, golf, Hilton and owners are protected. Seek legal advice, if deemed necessary, from the legal department of Hilton or Owners, as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with financial record retention policies.
- Administer the competitive bidding process.
- Cooperate with internal/external audits. Implement agreed upon recommendations.
- Ensure timely customer satisfaction (external and internal) on accounting related inquiries and requests.
- Oversee responsibilities of computer networking operations and computer applications within the hotel, casino and golf.
- Attend other departmental meetings to keep appraised of other operations and to provide outside input to enhance the department''s operation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager or Hilton Corporate Finance.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must comply with the following minimum requirements:
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry or similar, required
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a Major in Accounting or Finance, required
- Ability to speak, read and write in English and Spanish, required
- At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role, preferred
- Master in Business Administration, preferable
- Certified Public Accountant, recommended
In this position it will also be convenient to:
- Be self motivated and able to work independently,
- Be able to interact comfortably with all levels of staff and management
- Should have training and communications skills
- Show a positive and agreeable attitude
- Ability to establish interpersonal relationships
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Ponce, PR
- Starting in
- As soon as possible