The Cafeteria Cook will generally work the following schedule, however other shifts and/or days may be required based on business need: Monday/Tuesday Off, Wednesday - Friday AM shift, Saturday/Sunday PM shift.
What will I be doing?
As a Cafeteria Cook, you would be responsible for preparing and cooking all food items for the team member cafeteria in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel''s effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver food to be served in the team member cafeteria
- Prepare and cook food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and food sanitation standards at all times
- Stock and maintain par levels for designated food station(s) according to forecast
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- At least six (6) months of work experience in a food service position required
- Customer service or related work experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must be able to obtain state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Perform pre-meal and post-meal side work such as salad bar prep, dessert prep, etc.
- Be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all necessary supplies from kitchen to set up cafeteria during schedule hours of service.
- Perform all clean up duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, wiping down tables, cleaning salad bar, etc.
- Set up and maintain food line and salad bar as needed on a timely basis.
- Report any guest/team member dissatisfaction to Supervisor for resolution.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry floors to prevent slip/fall accident or injuries
- Perform other duties as requested , such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc.
- Lift and/or Carry up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis
- Stand and/or Walk constantly during shift
- Ability to read, write, and speak English so as to fully comprehend job requests, caution notices, and similar written materials, and to communicate effectively with fellow team members.
- Ability to transport heavy objects through crowded rooms safely
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration