What will I be doing?
A Cashier/Host Person is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to restaurant tables. Accurately collects payments and makes change to close out guest checks totaling food and beverage purchases in a friendly and courteous manner. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receives and visually inspects guest check for any inaccuracies, then closes the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
- Meets and greets guests as they arrive, offers choice of seating, then escorts them to their table and presents menu.
- Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
- Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to work station and return, to ensure accountability.
- Ascertains guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates accommodation.
- Ability to answer and prioritize incoming phone calls on a multi-line system.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with guests
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures to handle cashier functions.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration