What will I be doing?
As a member of our Engineering team, this position is responsible for maintaining the guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting. An Electrician is responsible for completing maintenance task as assigned, maintaining, repairing and installing electrical equipment and systems throughout the facility to ensure safe and proper operation. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to customer and department requests throughout the facility, make the necessary electrical repairs and/or to accommodate the customers electrical needs in a timely and courteous manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance on and tests of all electrical systems, sub-systems and equipment, including disassembling, replacing, cleaning, and repairing.
- Repair, maintain and trouble-shoot electrical equipment in accordance with wiring diagrams, schematics, operations manuals and manufacturers'' maintenance instructions, using test equipment such as volt meter, amp probe, and hand and power tools required to perform the functions of the position.
- Maintain light fixtures throughout the facility by replacing burned out light bulbs and/or making necessary repairs/replacements to the light fixtures on a routine and regular basis to sustain lighting standards. The Electrician will be required to use a ladder or man lift working at heights up to 30 feet, often reaching above head, for extended periods of time.
- Set up/Breakdown of power and lighting equipment for exhibits, meetings and banquets. This will involve pushing, pulling and lifting of equipment and materials (up to 50 lb.) and using a man lift to reach areas (up to 30 feet) in a construction type environment.
- Perform the functions of a lighting console or spot light operator for banquets and meetings. This will require long hours of operating the equipment and the use of a head set for clear and concise verbal communication in the English language.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience of at least five years that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
Five years electrical experience in buildings with complex electrical systems required.
Related military experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Limited Maintenance Electrician license in good standing from the State of Oregon and ability to obtain any Government required license and certificate. CRP certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have considerable knowledge of electrical systems and components to maintain and repair building electrical equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical supplies and materials and proper application of same.
- Extensive knowledge of safe working practices in regards to wire sizes, fuse sizes and overloading of electrical circuits.
- Skill in Electrical aptitude, Trade Mathematics and Trade Communications.
- Skilled in the use of related instruments and tools, including volt-OHM meter, amp probe, hand tools and small power tools in order to perform the functions of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to communicate with customers and co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments, and to follow manufacturers'' instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding or use of a man lift to work at heights up to 30 feet, often times reaching above head.
- Ability to perform duties in confined space and in awkward positions.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances within the facility
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform essential job functions for the duration of the work shift.
- Visual ability to read manufacturers instructions, schematics and blueprints and to determine wire colors for safe repair.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and solve customer concerns.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible