Hilton Portland is seeking friendly and reliable team members to join us as FULL TIME Room Attendants/Housekeepers!
We offer a starting pay rate of $15.20/hour, health benefits, and the best employee travel program in the industry!
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus 30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking hard working and detail-oriented Team Members who:
- Have previous work experience as a housekeeper, janitor or other dedicated cleaning role (required)
- Are able to work a day shift any day of the week, including weekends and holidays
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience a plus but not required
What will I be doing?
A Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure Hilton''s high standards of cleanliness. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
What are we looking for?
- Prior janitorial or housekeeping experience preferred
- Open availability to work varying days, Mon.-Sun. between the hours of 7:30am-5pm
- Availability to complete new Team Member training during daytime and evening hours as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 16 of rooms as specified by management.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible