Start a rewarding hospitality career with Hilton!
Hilton Portland is currently seeking to fill a FULL-TIME VALET position paying $13.00/hour PLUS tips, health benefits, and the best employee travel program in the industry!
Full availability to work varied shifts weekdays, weekends, and holidays between 6 AM and midnight based off of Union Seniority.
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus 30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking motivated and energetic Team Members who:
- Have a valid Oregon or Washington driver license
- Are able to drive a stick shift
- Have prior customer service experience
- Can work varied days of the week, including weekdays, weekends and holidays
What will I be doing?
Are you ready to work in a fast-paced and engaging environment in a certified 2018 Great Place to Work®? As a Valet Parking Attendant at the Hilton Portland, you can enter the luxury hospitality field and be equipped to grow within the biggest name in the industry. While meeting guests from all over the world as a Valet, you will:
- Greet arriving and departing guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Retrieve vehicle keys from and provide receipts to guests
- Transport guest vehicles to and from designated parking areas and the hotel driveway
- Assist guests with luggage
- Retrieve guest items from vehicles, as requested
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- Ability to rapidly ascend or descend up to ten flights of stairs.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, and in writing in English Language.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking.
- Considerable knowledge and ability to communicate clear directions to nearby local attractions and hotel facilities and services.
- Considerable knowledge of city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision within two weeks after the employee begins work.
- Ability to jog/run at a safe, controlled pace for extended periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Downtown, Portland, OR, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible