We are looking to hire a Business Development Executive within Hilton Supply Management on a permanent basis. The primary function of this role is to work with both hotels and suppliers to implement procurement contracts and to maximize revenue and profitability for Hilton Supply Management (HSM) customers.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What is HSM?
Hilton Supply Management provides value-based procurement solutions within the global hotel industry. Leveraging the power of over 4,500 hotels within the Hilton portfolio of brands, Hilton Supply Management (HSM) negotiates and implements contracts and agreements with hundreds of suppliers of hospitality products and services. We benchmark and identify suppliers, products and services that best drive value to Hilton''s portfolio of hotels and ensures those suppliers are positioned to meet the varied needs of the hotels.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the Strategic Account Manager for UK and Ireland, you will support the business development and account management of all hotel sites, helping to drive additional scale and revenue. Main accountabilities for the Business Development Executive role can be broken down as follows;
Account Management (roughly 65% of role)
• Examining data to determine opportunities or problem areas in order to provide feedback for improvement and development for new business.
• Creating a management plan for each customer.
• Continuously driving revenue opportunities with new and existing customers.
• Managing clients, driving customer satisfaction identifying issues.
• On boarding new clients and performing follow up duties.
• Researching market trends.
• Assisting the hotels in understanding product needs including the determination of product usage and specifications along with seeking new, alternate or better products.
• Responding to enquiries on product availability, pricing, specifications, product usage requirements and recommendations as requested.
• Communicating the above information to the hotel purchasing and supply staff and or other hotel departments as needed.
Data Management (roughly 15% of role)
• Gathering appropriate data or information from all relevant sources
• Maintaining departmental systems for filing and procedural documentation including contracts management across all client bases.
Administration (roughly 20% of role)
• Providing project and general admin support to the Supply Management team, including filing, maintenance of forms and documentation.
• Administrative support for new hotel openings in conjunction with the HSM team.
• Producing ad-hock Presentations for use in Business Development and Account Management.
• Ensuring hotel, supplier and cross-functional department enquiries are directed to the right location within Supply Management.
• Attending departmental meetings pertinent to work assignments and topics of analysis.
• Assisting with scheduling of meetings, bookings and conference calls.
• Supporting International Supply Management/procurement teams.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with some experience working in a procurement and/or sales function. You don''t need to have worked in the hospitality industry before however experience in this area would be considered advantageous. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and/or experience;
• Educated to degree level, or with equivalent experience in lieu thereof.
• Advanced use of MS Excel, including v look-ups and pivot tables
• Excellent communication skills. You will be highly articulate with the ability to manage senior level stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• You will be quick to pick up new systems. Full systems training will be provided upon entry into the role however experience using Sales Force or similar CRM systems would be an advantage.
• Some experience within a training capacity (i.e. training others on new systems) would be beneficial although not essential.
• Must be able to commit to a high level of travel (approximately 45%) within the UK and Ireland, including overnight stays as required.
• Must be enthusiastic, highly motivated and able to work independently.
• You will be assertive, exceptionally well organised and able to plan projects within specific timeframes and deadlines.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this vacancy then please apply with a copy of your CV (written in English) and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with a response in due course.
- Job type
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible