Architectural and design support across all brands
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
- The primary responsibility is to provide architectural design guidance, architectural and zonal plan reviews, hotel area programs, Initial Fire Life Safety (FLS) reviews and design submittal approval for all Hilton Worldwide pipeline development projects across all brands in the agreed region for. Pre and post signing.
- Key responsibilities also include relationship building with key stakeholders including owners, internal brand teams, operations teams, internal development teams and AD C team members.
- Interior Design – Secondary responsibility is to provide interior design and design guidance, approval and support on pipeline development projects, existing hotels, renovation projects including CapEx and owners CapEx within Eastern Europe, Russia and Turkey.
- Work closely with Brand leadership, operations team, AD C and other key Hilton stakeholders to establish design direction, key Brand identity elements specific to Eastern Europe. Clearly communicates to outside design professionals and assist in elevating design quality in the region
- Act as the primary point of contact of Hilton Worldwide Design team for Eastern Europe and reports back on a regular basis to the VP Design Architecture Design & Architecture, to ensure consistency in the respective Hilton Worldwide Brands.
- Management of design projects within Eastern Europe, including new developments, conversions and renovations of existing hotels.
- Manages Project Consultant Panel database pertaining to all design consultants in the region and partnerships with key design firms.
- Review and approve Project Consultant Panel recommendations.
- Overview or preparation of design Briefs , narratives and guidelines.
- Review standardised designs for Focused Service Brands and F&B concepts.
- Contribute to region specific requirements to global Brand standards for all Hilton Worldwide Brands.
- Participate at projects Design Review Workshops/Meetings.
- Work with Owner/Developer design team and Project Directors. Design direct and guide consultants on each project to achieve HWW Brands standards and requirements.
- Prepares and delivers reports and presentations to Owner/Developers, HWW management and Architecture & Construction.
- Reviews designs at all stages of the projects for conformity to specific Brand standards, Design & Construction guidelines and Brand Management direction, for new projects, conversions and rehabilitation of existing hotels within HWW portfolio.
- Participate actively in value engineering stages of design for each project and ensure that Brand standards and quality are not compromised in the process.
- Work effectively with other HWW Global Design groups to create a common design management approach and methodology.
- Work with pre-opening team and Project Directors on new hotel openings.
- Assist A&C team in the review of conversion opportunities to HWW Brands.
- Participate with design scope and input for all P.I.P.''s (Property Improvement Plans).
- Works with Operations (in Managed hotels) to provide timely design reviews and approvals.
- Prepare presentations of selected projects for submittal to DRC (Design Review Committee).
- Participate in post-opening Design reviews with Operation and A&C
- Stays knowledgeable about the Hotel Design industry and works to introduce new products and materials to the company as well as guiding design groups to their availability and potential project application.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
Education / Qualifications
Interior design degree qualification or international equivalent.
Registered qualified architect with strong planning skills and understanding of hotel architecture and planning.
Fluent English required. Russian and Turkish highly desirable and advantageous.
Work experience of a minimum 8-10 years within hospitality design. Either currently working for, or have worked for major international hotel company in similar capacity, OR major design or management role in interior designers office on hotel and large mixed-use developments or architectural practice.
- Ability to work with and gain respect and trust of Owner/Developers architects, interior designers, engineers, contractors and Hilton Worldwide departments including Senior Executive, Development, Operations, Brand Management, Global Design and Technical Services.
- Flexibility and sensitivity in method of dealing with various people, personalities, cultures.
- Willing and able to take responsibility and work for multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to endure extensive travel, required on supporting projects under development, or hotels undergoing rehabilitation, within Europe.
- Strong design and presentation skills with proficiency with AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Power pointalong, Word, Excel, Outlook and Photoshop.
- Ability to see, develop and take responsibility of multi discipline design/planning solutions.
- Highly skilled at communication, visual and verbal with ability to present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work independently, proactively under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible