Great Opportunity with Hilton
The Analyst for Revenue Accounting will assume responsibility for delivering the day to day processes that will ensure smooth running of the Revenue Accounting function within Hilton''s UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Manager & Senior Analyst Revenue Accounting supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goals surrounding the processes involved in the delivery of accurate and timely reporting for c.60 hotels.
Under the guidance of the Team Lead Revenue Accounting, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of Revenue Accounting processes to agreed timetables and Service Level Agreements. The Analyst will ensure Hilton''s Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognise how to maximise process efficiency and effectiveness is considered essential.
The Analyst will work with the team to support the delivery of change programmes, which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class service.
The post holder will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of Revenue Accounting strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis. This will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Revenue arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Revenue Accounting Service Level Agreements (SLA''s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring of these to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met or exceeded.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at various levels, both internally and with external stakeholders. Experience in participating in projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• Identify and implement process improvements where necessary, after discussion and agreement with management.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Revenue Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries
• Working with the Senior Analyst, co-ordinate all day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of all Revenue Accounting activities
• Provide input to the delivery of the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business;
• Support the Manager in the production of relevant and timely Management Information
• Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice
• Support the Manager and Senior Analyst in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implementing actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required collection cycles are maintained
• Ensure all monthly closing and reporting activities are carried out as per guidelines and deadlines
• Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring un-reconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Perform the revenue accounting processes, ensuring consistency and control of the revenue reporting
• Carry out all balancing activities ensuring they meet the needs of the business
• Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
• Take on board any work within the parameters of Revenue Accounting policy and procedures updates communicated
• Serve as Revenue Accounting liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all Revenue Accounting activities
• Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required
• Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do'' approach, thriving under pressure in a fast paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Solid understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
• Good technical skills and exposure to general ledger accounting and reconciliations
• Ability to use multiple systems and understand how they link together, to provide training and support to other team members and to identify and report on issues occurring
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, quantitative & qualitative analytical skills and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
• Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence environment
• Hospitality industry experience
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Education to High School/ GED level or equivalent
• Relevant level of work experience in Accounting
• BA/BS/Bachelor''s Degree or experience in lieu thereof
• Relevant level of work experience in Revenue Accounting
• Commencing studies for recognised professional accounting body
- Job type
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible