The Internal Auditor will contribute to reviews of financial, operational and compliance risks and controls across our global portfolio of business units and hotels. This position will be part of a team primarily responsible for risk-based audits across Hilton''s Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) operations, but may also be asked to audit hotels and processes across Hilton''s Americas and Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions. The Internal Auditor will work with the Senior Auditor and the Manager Internal Audit to deliver individual audits.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
This position includes the following responsibilities:
• Efficient execution of assigned controls / tests during audit carried out under the department''s risk-based Internal Audit Plan, at the instruction of the Senior Manager and Manager Internal Audit and with the support of the Senior Auditor.
• Participating in detail testing of key financial controls in support of the company''s US Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
• Partnering with property and departmental management to develop corrective action plans in response to all Internal Audit observations and subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure.
• Interacting regularly with process owners and property management.
Planning Activities (10%)
• On an individual audit basis, prepare draft audit programmes, request listings, testing strategies and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
• Identify any issues whilst going through the audit process.
• Schedule and conduct meetings with management to describe audit objectives, coverage areas, timing and protocols for concerns / changes / escalations.
• Follow up on and document action plan statuses based on discussion with respective management action plan owners.
Organising Activities (5%)
• Execute various aspects of assigned Internal Audit projects (e.g. fieldwork / testing, workpaper preparation, draft reporting etc).
• Execute testing related to internal controls over financial reporting and hotel audits.
• Ensure timely completion of allocated areas of responsibility / tasks.
• Produce audit reports with support and oversight from the Senior Auditor, for review by the Manager Internal Audit.
Directing Activities (5%)
• Opportunities may exist from time to time to lead individual audit projects, depending on level of experience.
Controlling Activities (80%)
• Provide support to team management in executing Internal Audit projects, internal controls testing and preparing workpapers / reports in accordance with department and Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards across audit plan.
• Ensure own audits are delivered effectively and in a timely manner; usually approximately one per month.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company:
• Various ad-hoc projects for Internal Audit leadership and/or regional management.
• Internal audits of hotels, corporate, shared services and other business areas (as needed).
• Build solid working relationships with IA team members.
• Any and all other job duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
• Good business sense
• Excellent attention to detail
• An innate desire to grow professionally
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment with superior interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results.
• Positive attitude and perseverance in the face of challenges and/or changing circumstances.
• High energy self-starter capable of completing a diverse workload within strict timelines.
• Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
• Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• Bachelor''s or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, or relevant qualification in lieu of
• Sufficient level of general accounting experience or in public accounting.
• Proficient in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Understanding of internal control concepts / frameworks (e.g. COSO, COBIT)
• Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing standards
• Experience / knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies, including flowcharting.
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and prior experience testing key controls.
• Chartered Accountant (ACA) / Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) / Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or relevant qualification in lieu of
• Big 4 public accounting background / experience
• Hospitality industry experience with a mix of experience from auditing, accounting and/or internal control roles.
• Prior use of advanced data analysis techniques (e.g. ACL, IDEA, Access, advanced Excel).
• Proficient in use of Visio.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible