Great Opportunity with Hilton!
The Consolidations Manager ensures the accurate and timely consolidation of the Company''s Financial Results, as part of the Global Consolidations Team. You will combine accounting, analytical, and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions. You will identify areas of improvement, and communicate and implement proposed solutions. Outputs include general ledger entries as well as schedules and reconciliations used internally by Executive Management, as well as within external reporting.
The Consolidation Team is primarily responsible for consolidation, intercompany and review processes relating to monthly reporting of actual results (under US GAAP), in compliance with SOX and Group Audit requirements.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Organising Activities – 40%
• Establishes individual priorities and supports team members to ensure delivery against work load deadlines and targets
• Works with key stakeholders and departments to deliver appropriate levels of support
• Communicates progress against deliverables and project deadlines to manager
• Support the team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of processes
• Helps to manages cross-functional links to other finance teams
• Adheres to Management Reporting deadlines to ensure overall effectiveness
Controlling Activities – 40%
• Prepare and review monthly analytical schedules, account roll forwards, lead schedules, account reconciliations and variance analysis to ensure accuracy of balances, compliance with US GAAP and consistency between business units
• Assist in the preparation, review, and analysis of the consolidated financial statements, including preparation and review of all global consolidation adjustments/journal entries
• Prepare standard Balance Sheet and P&L journals and consolidating entries
• Provides a support role for all other consolidation and reporting processes
• Prepare supplemental financial reports on an ad hoc basis as requested by management
• Use financial systems/applications to enter data and/or process information
• Support financial system implementation projects, if applicable, including participation in the design, testing and deployment of the system
• Obtain and validate data during month end close
• Provision of financial data to other departments as required
Directing Activities – 15%
• Responsible for consolidating Balance Sheets and P&L results across multiple regions within a specified SOX framework
• Perform activities in compliance with all Company policies as outlined in the global accounting policy manual
• Execute, update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and prepare supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures
• Enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company
• Operate within established budgetary parameters
• Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
Planning Activities – 5%
• Manages delivery against individual objectives and assigned projects and supports the delivery of team objectives
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Support International Corporate Finance Team
• Support US Finance Team
• Any and all other job assigned duties
What are we looking for?
• Proven ability to deal with large volumes of data in multiple currencies
• Experienced in Balance Sheet and P&L Consolidations across multiple international locations
• Knowledge of business mathematics (weighted averages, percentages)
• Possess intermediate Excel skills
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence in order to motivate and influence others
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands
• Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track to achieve common goals
• Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Qualified Accountant with post qualified experience gained within a corporate environment or similar
• Knowledge of UK GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS
• Experience with Peoplesoft, Hyperion Financial Management
• Advanced level Excel skills
- Job type
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract