The Analyst for OTC will assume responsibility for delivering the day to day processes that will ensure smooth running of the Order To Cash function within Hilton''s UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Manager OTC supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goals. Processes involved in maintaining client relationships, reporting, monthly close activities and managing OTC controls will be key deliverables on a daily basis.
The Analyst may also be responsible for the collection of all internal and external fees from managed and franchised international hotels, for keeping bad debt provision to a minimum and for the analysing of all Legal Contracts. The successful candidate combines accounting, analytical, and communication skills to effectively and efficiently ensure revenue is tracked and collected and contribute to the monthly close process. Outputs include debt and payment history analysis.
The Analyst may also be is responsible for billing and accounting for internal charges to hotels and ensuring that inter company transactions are properly reflected on the corporate balance sheet. The successful candidate combines accounting, analytical, and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions. Outputs include reconciliations, monthly analytics, contract reviews and responses to queries from hotels.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Under the guidance of the Manager - OTC, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of Order to Cash processes to agreed timetable and Service Level Agreement. The Analyst will ensure Hilton''s Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognise how to maximise the Receivables cash cycle is considered essential. The Senior Analyst will work with the team to support the delivery of change programmes which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class centralised Order to Cash services.
The post holder will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of AR strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Order to Cash arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Order to Cash Service Level Agreements (SLA''s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met / exceeded.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at various levels, both internally and with external stakeholders. Experience in participating in projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
• Following direction and guidance from management, carry out and co-ordinate all required OTC related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs
• Identify and implement process improvements where necessary, after discussion and agreement with management.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of OTC responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries
• Overseeing all internal and external international fee credit and collections activities
• Communicate progress against deliverables and project deadlines to manager
• Support the team to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of processes
• Manage cross-functional links to other finance and accounting teams
• Adhere to Management Reporting deadlines to ensure overall effectiveness
• Overseeing Contract Matrix and tracking of all fees
• Respond to all internal and external audit requests
• Follow the revenue recognition standards
• Review and forecast all key money outgoings
• Review all Legal contracts
• Review all contingent key money
• Produce monthly reports for senior management and Brand Support
• Pursue all external and internal fee debt escalated to the team
• Liaise with Brand and Legal teams on all pre-NOD''s, NOD''s (Notice of Default) and payment plans
• Oversee analysis of payment plans
• Report on and analyse aged debts
• Resolve disputed fees
• Resolve escalations with the affiliated query process
• Calculate and analyse Bad Debt Provision
• Analyse milestones for upfront fee payments and collect payments as and when they fall due
• Review receivables and bad debt provision balance sheet accounts
• Review payment history analysis by region / country, and on other terms as required
• Prepare certain Fee billing and accruals and liaise with Outsource Provider
• SOX Champion Duties
• Oversee quarterly WHT
• Forecast Revenue De-Recognition if applicable
• Oversee inter company transactions
• Address queries from internal resources and hotels in a timely and efficient manner
• Analyse FX calculations
• Provision of financial data to other departments as required
• Aged debt Analysis
• Produce Analysis on billing produced
• Manage relationship with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved in line with expectations
• Support supervisor in processing payment and tracking hotel collections that have been escalated and monitor collections cycle
• Serve as liaison for maintaining client relationships, resolving their concerns, and escalating to leadership if necessary
• Perform all assigned monthly closing activities and reporting, as well as create the necessary journal entries resulting from AR reporting and analysis, including inter-company activities
• Provide input into escalated customer inquiries or disputes, ensuring resolution within the agreed SLAs
• Review all assigned balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations, ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Support the locations with banking related queries and issues and provide late banking reports to management
• Carry out processes in accordance with current policies, procedures, guidelines, rates and other relevant information and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure activities are carried out at the required specifications.
• Support team in working with Fee Revenue and Accounts Receivable Controller to resolve issues involving key money, sales tax, VAT, withholding tax and other matters ancillary to the fee business; ensure timely and accurate fee accruals and produce an effective monthly close process
• Review process documentation to support activities carried out in the team and facilitate the necessary cross training
• Track country specific payment requirements
• Review Internal Fee Billing Calculations
• Support Management and colleagues by proactively offering assistance where possible
• Support other functions in the provision of data and reported as requested
• Support the various Hilton audit programmes and provide the necessary information in a timely manner to ensure effective closure of requests.
• Support the business in pre-opening activities, devising a checklist process to support the team''s deliverables
• Train other team members in tasks as per the Team Skills Matrix, supporting the reallocation of tasks to ensure the appropriate cross training and task coverage is in place
• Assist the team and management in driving project initiatives
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organisation like Hilton.
• Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• A ‘can-do'' approach, applying flexibility to achieve results and having the ability to drive and adapt to change
• Good technical skills and strong exposure to Accounts Receivable, Cash Allocation, and wider Order to Cash environments
• Well-developed problem solving abilities; capable of delivering creative solutions
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
• Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
• Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions
• Exceptional critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence environment
• Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
• Hospitality industry experience preferred
- Job type
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract