The Specialist OTC will work with the Senior Specialists and Team Lead of the OTC function within Hilton''s UK Centre of Excellence. They will play a part in supporting the development and implementation of the strategy for Hilton within the UK.
You will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton''s Centre of Excellence management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive upper quartile Purchase to Pay service. A flexible attitude and the ability to support successful Change Management programmes is considered essential.
Under the guidance of the Team Leader of OTC Hotel Accounting, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of OTC processes to the agreed timetable and Service Level Agreement. The Specialist will ensure Hilton''s Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognise how to maximise process efficiency and effectiveness is considered essential.
You will also support the review of OTC Service Level Agreements (SLA''s), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are achieve/exceeded.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
* Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and co-ordinating all required OTC related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
* Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement upon agreement.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of OTC responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
* Research support for AR or guest (transient) dispute and compile supporting documentation
* Engage property teams to obtain input to resolve disputes, issues and queries
* Engage Team Leader of OTC Hotel Accounting to determine if adjustment is required
* Prepare and post adjusting entries
* Maintain Dispute Resolution documentation in accordance with Hilton standards
* Perform follow up based on establish collections schedule on outstanding payments from group master and convention related billings
* Review and verify an accurate bill was issued to group master/convention client
* Update call logs and maintain collections file in accordance with Hilton standards
* Assess collections status and present determination to write off payment per credit procedures to OTC Hotel Accounting Team Leader
* Review Booking Deposit Reports to identify groups with advanced deposit requirements
* Review bank statements to identify and confirm receipt of advanced deposits
* Prepare deposit postings and confirm deposits were posted successfully
* Maintain records and documentation in accordance with Hilton standards
* Support OTC Hotel Accounting special initiatives as directed by the Team Leader of OTC Hotel Accounting
* Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
* Develop and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments they support
* Collaborate with the manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project/department goals
* Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments
* Support other functions in the provision of data and reporting as requested
* Support the various Hilton audit programs and provide the necessary information in a timely manner to ensure effective closure of requests.
* Assist the team and management in driving project initiatives
* Support the Centre of Excellence in delivering business objectives successfully
* Proactively engage in any other tasks as assigned by the Centre of Excellence Management
What are we looking for?
* Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
* Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation.
* Experience in working in a compliant controls environment.
* Good technical skills and a good understanding of how OTC impacts other accounting areas.
* Developing problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
* A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with all levels of management and external customers.
* Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting a hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
* A ‘can-do'' and flexible approach in achieving results and the ability to drive and adapt to change, with the desire to develop multiple skills
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programs when required.
* Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
* Good knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
* Hospitality industry experience
* Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence environment
- Job type
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible