About the role
This role is a fixed term 3 month contract.
In your new role as an Income Auditor you will form part of Centralised Finance, a team dedicated to the delivery of accounting, transactional processing, financial reporting and analysis for Hilton hotels across Australia. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be responsible for performing assigned Income Audit duties as required for one or multiple hotels, ensuring efficient utilisation of the document management system DocMatrix.
Duties / Responsibilities
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform reconciliation on revenue and settlements to ensure completeness and accuracy of reporting.
- Audit all transactional paperwork for Front Office, F&B and OOD and balance to OnQ/Micros.
- Perform daily checks, review all necessary reports and ensure proper routing of reports for approval.
- Participate in month end activities to support the hotels in the timely delivery of revenue reporting. This includes coordinating and managing the month end closing process including ensuring the completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all journal postings and reports, and reviewing the journals prior to approval by hotel Director of Finance.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation as required.
- Actively manage and review tasks on DocMatrix. This includes daily review of DocMatrix, ensuring documents are complete, approved and maintained appropriately in DocMatrix and pending tasks are completed timely on the Dashboard.
To successfully fulfill this position, you will require the following skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Previous experience in a Finance role
- Accurate, well-organised, enthusiastic and reliable
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency, at an intermediate to advanced level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft programs (Excel and Word), Property Management Systems and Point of Sales Systems
- Demonstrated trust and integrity in dealing with cash and financial reporting
- Experience with SUN, DocMatrix and Laserfiche highly regarded
- Experience working in the Hotel or Hospitality Industry is an advantage
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive;
- A competitive industry salary and generous annual leave benefits
- Comprehensive training and support for your new role
- Team member only discount global Hilton room rates
- Discounts of up to 50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Career development planning opportunities
- Participation in Team Member of the Month Awards and other Team Activities
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration