• To plan, organize, direct, and control the Purchasing and Supply Management functions for all operational products and services within the specified functional area for Hilton.
• Ensuring that established level of quality products and services are purchased at the lowest total cost while adhering to Hilton standards and operating procedures, operational need / specifications, purchasing best practice.
• Direct/Indirect supervision, support and management of Purchasing teams at Corporate and Hotel level
• Working with, and representing Hilton Supply Management with key stakeholders such as VP Operations, Finance & Operations.
• To provide functional and operational management to any corporate or cluster purchasing teams, and support hotel-based purchasing resources across the region.
• To ensure that all procurement tools such as BirchStreet and Ariba Spend Management are implemented and maintained and that system support and training is offered to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
• Create and maintain Budgets and Targets for the region.
• Conceive strategic and relevant initiatives to meet business needs and demonstrate ROI on relevant business investment requests.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
40% Regional / Area Sourcing
• Execute annual spend analysis and propose an annual procurement plan for the area. Obtain stakeholder buy-in.
• Develop new programs and/or renegotiate existing programs and distribution channels with suppliers and/or manufacturers, utilize cross-functional teams whenever applicable.
• Manage and implement local, regional, area and centrally led international procurement programs and ensuring that these programs have a sound legal, financial and logistical set-up.
• Ensure thorough understanding and availability of Brand Standards of Hilton brands present in the area.
• Effectively manage projects in a structured and organized fashion.
20% Operational Procurement
• Ensure adequate service levels related to all aspects of the purchasing and supply process are provided to the operation, including support on ordering processes, distribution processes, the receiving function, and storing.
• Research departmental inquiries on product availability, pricing, specifications, and product usage requirements and/or recommendations. Communicate on a regular basis the above information to hotel purchasing and supply staff and other hotel departments, as required. Forecast operational needs and schedule deliveries to meet operational requirements.
• Perform field visits as required, combined with operational reviews of the purchasing function at regional and hotel-level as necessary.
• Support all hotel pre-opening offices and openings as required to ensure that Brand Standards are met and that hotels participate in Hilton Supply Management programs as required.
• Measure and improve compliance to Hilton Supply Management programs and initiatives.
• Effectively manage supplier contracts and product data, inclusive of BirchStreet catalogue content, product specifications, photographs and descriptions, pricing and file retention. Approve all changes to existing contracted items, new and/or deleted items, inclusive of pricing verification and amendments.
• Maintain confidential supplier files and databases including order logs, requisitions, purchase orders, pricing, certificate of product liability insurance and general supplier due diligence, including legal documentation / contracts as required.
• Assist corporate departments in identifying hotels that are not following established purchasing and supply programs and/or specifications. Coordinate, conduct and participate in meetings and discussions between suppliers and/or supplier representatives and corporate staff concerning subjects other than normal price, delivery or quality negotiations (i.e. value analysis or engineering, new methods, techniques and processes).
• Coordinate with fellow Regional Directors common initiatives and tenders as applicable.
15% Human Resources
• Provide effective HR management to direct reports. Lead and motivate procurement teams to high levels of performance. Develop functional and soft skills of team members.
• Provide direction and directives to cluster/property purchasing team members in performance of their duties.
• Regularly update internal stakeholders on achievements / progress, and attend area and regional meetings as required.
• Maintain Ariba databases and provide status reports on progress of initiatives, contracts and benefits achieved.
• Issue monthly procurement activity reports for the region.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position is required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Maintain Hilton Service Standards at all times
• Provides basic and technical knowledge of hospitality products to hotel staff.
• Assists hotels in understanding product needs and assists in the determination of product usage and specifications, along with seeking new, alternate, or better products.
• Perform other duties and special projects as requested, including other administrative duties.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Complete knowledge of food, beverage and hospitality operating supply products, purchasing procedures and supply chain.
• Considerable mathematical skills necessary to calculate percentage discounts, product cost, operational reports and comparative figure analysis through utilizing ratios and net weighted averages.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and Arabic to a fluent competency level.
• Extensive experience of managing supply chain and procurement teams in multiple international territories across multi-sites or corporate locations.
• Ability to apply supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct employees, coach, train and discipline, as necessary.
• Strong interpersonal, administrative, analysis and communicative skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong ability to work under own initiative and in a ‘hands on'' capacity.
• Ability to visually evaluate specifications.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Extensive experience in procurement or supply chain experience in a management role, ideally in a hospitality environment or significant hospitality management experience in lieu.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and Arabic sufficiently to read quotations, analyze bids, write instructions for bidders and communicate with co-workers, staff and suppliers is desirable.
• English / Arabic language skills
• To hold a BA/BS/Bachelor''s Degree or equivalent
• Ability to speak French
• MS/MA/Master''s Degree or equivalent
• A.P.P. or equivalent certification is desirable or operational experience in lieu thereof.
• Willingness to seek C.P.M. and CFPM or equivalent certification during employment.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Cairo, Egypt
- Starting in
- As soon as possible