The UK Statutory Reporting and Accounting team is responsible for all aspects of statutory accounting across the international estate, including preparation of all UK statutory accounts for audit, and compliance overview of all other statutory requirements. The team also performs some month end close activities including ensuring that entries are booked in accordance with contracts and performing balance sheet reconciliations.
The UK Statutory Reporting Manager supports the team in the preparation and audit of statutory accounts in accordance with FRS 101 focusing on the treasury companies in the UK structure. This may comprise working on statutory accounts workings/templates directly or completing some month end tasks for other team members in order that they can support the project. Completing month end close will require the candidate to combine accounting, analytical, and presentation skills to effectively and efficiently contribute to the monthly close process, as well as the ability to understand complex accounting transactions.
This role has a particular focus on reviewing and validating rent invoices for some of the UK hotels to ensure payments are made in accordance with the lease and processed correctly as part of the month end close cycle. They are also responsible for the preparation of the annual audited turnover certificates. Outputs include statutory accounts for specific business entities, in addition to preparing schedules and reconciliations suitable for review by external auditors.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Organizing Activities 40%
• Prepares for audit statutory accounts and supporting schedules for UK legal entities including the treasury companies
• Prepares for audit turnover certificates for UK leased hotels in accordance with the relevant lease
• Works with key stakeholders and departments to deliver appropriate levels of support
• Communicates progress against deliverables and project deadlines to manager
• Support the team to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of processes
• Helps to manage cross-functional links to other finance teams
• Adheres to monthly deadlines, including close schedule and filing requirements
Controlling Activities 40%
• Act as primary contact between auditors, UK and US treasury in supporting the preparation of statutory accounts and audits of UK entities
• Adheres to proper controls and systems to ensure maintenance of International Balance Sheet
• Review and validate rent invoices and pass for payment approval, this includes a review of underlying leases to ensure compliance of rent calculations
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations and prepare commentart on variances.
• Use financial systems/applications to enter data and/or process information
• Support group wide projects ensuring FRS 101 compliance including participation in the design, testing and deployment of the accounting for group restructurings and implementation of new acocunting standards.
• Obtain, process and validate data during month end close particularly in relation to Uk treasury entities.
• Maintain accounting records for various international subsiduaries, including month end close and statutory accounts
• Provision of financial data to other departments as required
Directing Activities 15%
• Ensures statutory accounting is compliant with UK and IFRS protocols
• Ensures adherence to proper controls and systems to ensure maintenance of International Profit and Loss within a SOX framework
• Participates in reporting projects relating to new accounting standards, particularly the new leasing standard in relation to the rent payment process.
• Perform activities in compliance with all Company policies as outlined in the global accounting policy manual
• Execute, update and maintain accounting internal control policies and procedures and prepare supporting documentation to internal audit regarding completion of control procedures
• Enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company
• Ensure departmental objectives and workload priorities are followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary
• Assesses actual performance to ensure success and takes corrective actions
Planning Activities 15%
• Manages delivery against individual objectives and assigned projects and supports the delivery of team objectives
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• International Hotels
• MEA, APAC and Europe Operational Finance team
• US Corporate Headquarters
• Tax, Treasury and Legal
• Any and all other job assigned duties
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Experience preparing UK statutory accounts under IFRS or UK GAAP (FRS 101)
• Proven ability to deal with large volumes of data in multiple currencies
• Experience working as an auditor, or with auditors, in a corporate accounting setting
• Possess knowledge of General Ledger accounting, including balance sheet reconciliations
• Excellent financial reporting and analysis skills
• Proven ability to plan and adhere to strict deadlines
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Knowledge of business mathematics (weighted averages, percentages)
• Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Ability to analyse departmental financial data
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build trust and confidence in order to motivate and influence others
• Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
• Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands
• Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner to stay on track to achieve common goals
• Strong project management skills including ability to manage details through to completion and ensure deadlines are met
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Qualified Accountant or similar qualifications
• Experience working with UK GAAP and/or IFRS or similar
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• Experience with Peoplesoft
• General Ledger accounting experience
• Advanced level Excel skills
- Job type
- Watford, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible