To lead the design, implementation and oversight of all compensation programs, policies and practices for Hotel Operations, across GCM. In addition, this role will lead the research, analysis, development and implimentation of benefits programmes across GCM.
The incumbent will promote and facilitate capability development & knowledge sharing of best practice within HR across GCM and manage reward projects to maintain competitive position in the marketplace in the region.
What will I be doing?
- Executes strategies & direction for Hotel Operations compensation programs, evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency for the company
- Implements hotel operations compensation programs in partnership with HR
- Manage the establishment of salary grades and structures for hotel operations, differentiating by brand as necessary.
- Establishes procedures and processes in relation to hotel operations compensation policies and programs.
- Research local competitive markets to ensure the ability to attract and retain talent. Specifically, evaluate potential new hire current compensation & benefits packages and propose competitive packages for new hires, keeping consistent with compensation strategy.
- Leverage market data surveys, proposing recommendations for alignment with the market, and communication of results to the GCM HR & Leadership teams. Evaluate and manage appropriate vendors for separate surveys.
- Support the C & B Senior Director to drive the annual compensation process and ensure that HR Operations are provided with all related tools, and co -ordination/reporting to the company and co-ordination with local payrolls.
- Develop relationships with key internal and external resources to ensure the HR team has access to relevant expert advice, (i.e. consultants, legal counsel, tax advice)
- Research and identify service providers for benefit programs, reporting findings & recommendations to Senior Leadership
- Implements benefit program related initiatives and communications and oversees the management throughout the region to ensure competitiveness
- Manages third party relationships and associated costs
- Oversees proper controls to ensure that global benefits programs are being administered to standards. Oversees and evaluates systems to ensure the global benefits programs are effectively meeting Operations requirements
- Project management of the design & implementation of any new benefits offerings within Hotel Operations
- Provide consulting support to both hotel operations and corporate staff regarding all aspects of employee benefits provision
- Identifies & oversees resources & activities of the GCM Compensation & Benefits team, and engages with appropriate stakeholders & departments to ensure objectives accomplished
- Ensures communication plans are effectively embedded and executed within Hotel Operations and partners with HR to build C & B capability.
- Oversees and evaluates C & B processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within Operations.
- Develops and maintains the cross-functional links between Finance and IT/HRIS.
- Supports the implementation of measurements of compensation programs to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness.
- Implements proper controls to ensure that management level corporate and Hotel compensation remains competitive and equitable within GCM.
- Implements and maintains systems/frameworks to manage compensation programs.
- Devlope and manage policies and procedures
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Strong analytical skills, able to surface real problems & issues (in people & business context)
- Track record of developing models and tools to support effective business solutions
- Sound commercial awareness and ability to relate to business needs
- Good understanding of business finance
- Strong numeracy & numerical reasoning
- Advanced excel & database capabilities – preferably Peoplesoft
- Customer Service orientation
- Strong project Management capability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated capability to build strong relationships with Senior Leaders
- Graduate degree
- At least 10 years work experience in Human Resources, with a minimum of 5 -7 yrs specialization in Reward/Compensation & Benefits
- Experienced with MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible