What will I be doing?
The Design & Projects Manager , Greater China & Mongolia will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Management of Hilton''s interests for all Design & Construction (D&C) aspects of selected Development Projects in China - new builds or conversions.
- Project involvement from inception to opening.
- Provide leadership of those projects as the principal Hilton representative to & from owners & Project consultants.
- Ensure internal communications & effective relationships on those projects with all other Hilton departments & specialists including Brands, F&B, Spa, Dev, Pre-Opening & Ops.
- Assist Hilton development to secure agreements for new hotel developments or conversions.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Brand Standards, Narratives & Attributes for selected brands active in China.
- Work effectively with owners & consultants to optimize the design, construction and opening of projects.
- Review designs at all stages of projects for conformity to Hilton Brand standards and Design & Construction guidelines and Corporate Brand Direction.
- Contribute to China-specific addenda to global Brand standards for all Hilton brands
- Work effectively with Global Shared Services group re Brand standards & signage issues.
- Regular reports to management regarding projects status & issues.
- Presentations to owners, Hilton management and other Technical Services re their projects.
- Overview or preparation of Project and Design briefs & guidelines and facilities schedules/ Area Programs
- Prepare, present & participate in monthly Project Review Meetings & regular Design Reviews, periodic site reviews and review of mock-up guestrooms.
- Prepare & maintain Non-Compliance Schedules re DCR standards, FLS & Brand standards. Co-ordinate with Brands re waivers for non-compliant items
- Contribute to the creative & constructive process of value engineering.
- Work with Hilton Pre-Opening Group, GMs and their teams during the Pre-Opening phase.
- Preparation of selected projects to submit to DRC (Design Review Committee) for review Participation in post-opening Design reviews with Operations.
- Co-ordinate with QA re pre-opening QA inspections.
- Prepare & maintain a Development & Training Plan and associated training programs.
- Extensive travel within the region for projects or client meetings.
What are we looking for?
A Design & Projects Manager , Greater China & Mongolia serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Architect (preferable), Interior Designer, Project Management,
- Mandatory - Fluent English & Mandarin. – written & spoken
- 3 years of experience with Mgt or design of hotel projects in Asia Pac with majority in China. (mandatory)
- Working for an international hotel operator (desirable)
- Ability to work effectively with owners, developers, design consultants, contractors and with all Hilton departments (incl Executive management, Development, Pre-Opening, Operations, Brand management and other Tech Services people)
- Ability to review Architectural, ID fit-out & other designs quickly and make constructive suggestions for improvements
- Good people skills
- Good communications both written and verbal
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Word, excel, Powerpoint , email (mandatory)
- CAD and Database (desirable)
- 5-7 Years of related experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible