This role''s main objective is to manage the implementation, administration, communication, governance and oversight of all compensation programs and processes for Operations and corporate functions in the region, in support of strategic business objectives.
The role''s responsibility also includes, in conjunction with and supporting the Asia Pacific C&B team, the research, design, development/revision and implementation of health and welfare programs that are designed to achieve and maintain a competitive position in the marketplace in the GCM region.
To support Hilton Worldwide''s Human Resources and Compensation & Benefits functions in order to ensure the development and implementation of a pay and benefits strategy and resulting policies that assist in the achievement of the organization''s strategic business objectives.
What will I be doing?
- Co-ordinate market data survey participation, organizing and submitting data, analyzing returned data, creating salary structure, and communication of results to the HR team. Evaluate and choose appropriate surveys and vendors for separate surveys
- Research local competitive markets to ensure the ability to attract and retain talent. Specifically, evaluate potential new hire current compensation & benefits packages and propose competitive packages for new hires, keeping consistent with compensation strategy.
- Provide support in the operation of the company''s annual pay review, short and long-term bonus and incentive plans and assist with the general administration of these annual processes, as well as summary and detail reports, and co - ordination/reporting to the company and co-ordination with local payroll
- Participate and assist in the implementation and communication of the variable compensation plans for Operations and the corporate departments.
- Build and maintain relationships with HR consultants as well as with external providers e.g. for global salary surveys
- Provision of management reporting information
- Perform periodical analysis of compensation data behind compensation models – job evaluation analyses, workforce management ratios, grade / salary models etc.
- Ensure that compensation practices in the region are consistent with the global & regional compensation strategy, while at the same recognizing local markets laws, practices, customs etc.
- Provide consultation and education to the HR Consultants on all compensation programs, plans and processes
- Work closely with Finance to track and report all compensation commitments, formula/discretionary incentive accruals, and assist in modeling proposed compensation plans to fit budgetary requirements.
- Support in the annual benefits renewal processes
- Support for project management of new benefits and delivery of key project aspects (e.g. project planning, provider and internal department liaison)
- Deal with escalated benefits queries for HR teams
- Roll out of benefits communication via internal Intranet and internal communication channels
- Benefits support for new hotel openings and acquisitions.
- Support of all benefits offerings across the company
- Draft materials to communicate benefits to team members via handbooks, newsletters, web enabled training, standard form letters/agreements, Summary Plan Description, other benefit materials and employee intranet.
- Implemented team member training and continuing education (new hire orientation, talent fairs, benefit fairs, wellness initiatives).
- Work on the production, co-ordination and delivery of global Hilton''s HR Compensation Information, by fully utilizing the current PeopleSoft HRIS system
- Identify gaps in data elements that could provide useful insight into compensation & HR processes and opportunities for process reviews
- Provide support to Hilton HR projects
- Build and maintain relationships with local country HR Managers in the regions
- Build and maintain relationships with external providers e.g. Salary survey providers, Benefits provider and Benefits consultancies
- Represent Hilton Worldwide externally on Compensation & Benefits issues
What are we looking for?
- BA/BS/Bachelor''s Degree
- 5-7 years of related experience
- 2 years of management or supervisory experience is preferred
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible