A Manager, QA Auditor will protect the integrity of the brands inspected in terms of cleanliness, condition, guest safety, and brand standards
What will I be doing?
As Manager, QA Auditor, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Performs routine Quality Assurance evaluations.
- Address inquiries/communications made internally both verbally and in written communications. Voice mails and e-mails are the most common. These communications include, but are not limited to, Quality Auditors, Area Managers in QA, Directors, Vice President of QA, Brand Teams, Design and Construction, and Human Resources.
- Monitor expenses incurred, and travel completed/scheduled to ensure the departmental objectives are being met both based upon monthly and yearly goals.
- Coordination of upcoming activities. Activities to include, but are not limited to, travel plans, hotel scheduling, ensuring down time work is completed and submitted by established deadlines.
- Address inquiries/communications made externally both verbally and in written communications. Voice mail and e-mail are most common. These inquiries include, but are not limited to, communications with General Managers, area managers for the hotels, and owners. Communications often cover brand standard compliance, QA/brand protocol/procedures, and Improvement Planners.
- Assist with meeting content preparation
- Assist with training
- Assist with projects as needed
- Participate in Consistency exercises
- Participate in activities outside of QA to gain a better knowledge other departments.
- Any and all other job duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external Customers (Internal including Quality Auditors, Director, Vice-President, Senior Vice-President, HPS, D&C, HR, Administrative Staff)
- Computer skills, including typing/keyboard skills, windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to travel for consecutive days, sometimes at short notice. (Most trips 12-21 days long). Travel to including flying, driving, lifting/carrying 30-70# of luggage/equipment.)
- Ability to conduct property evaluations. (Travel, walking, stooping, bending, stretching, using a recorder.)
- Working knowledge/understanding of hotel operations, including front and back of the house operations, including F&B operations.
- Working knowledge/understanding of product replacement cycles, renovations, and physical upgrades.
- Ability to multi-task during down time and while on the road. Ability to be fluent in brand standards, protocol, evaluations, and operating cultures.
- Ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems/solutions, while upholding the integrity of the brand yet working with potential conflicts/issues/concerns with general managers, owners, and/or internal customers. Concerns may include ramifications, including termination, to staff or management, or the loss of a brand flag to an owner, as a result of the work completed
What are we looking for?
A Manager, QA Auditor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High School Diploma
- College Diploma
- Three (3) years General Manager experience at a full service property or Three (3) years Executive Committee Member experience at Full Service Hotel.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook.
- Multi departmental Full Service hotel experience
- Bilingual – English and Mandarin required. Must be able to speak, read and write in required languages
- Driver''s License
- 5 Years of related experience
- 5 Years of management or supervisory experience
- Continuous Travel to Properties
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Four (4) year college degree or advanced degree
- Food Safety Certification
- Bilingual – English and Mandarin required. Other languages preferred, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean. Must be able to speak, read and write in preferred languages if present.
- 5-7Years of related experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible