This position will be responsible for Project Management of all IT related functions of focused service hotel openings in China. This position partners with the various operational leads and strategic vendors to provide leadership in ensuring compliance with Hilton IT standards, project methodology and processes and delivery of project on time and on budget.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager, Technology Field Services Focused Service will interface directly with the owners/owners representative, the General Manager, Technical Services, Project Directors, Operations and other discipline involved in the focused service hotel opening process. Responsible for on-going communications related to technology including updates of deliverables, budget utilization, timelines and critical path; manage risks and make recommendations to address issues related to technology and is overall accountable and responsible for successful delivery of the Hilton technology in a focused service hotel opening.
This position will establish liaison with, and manage performance and deliverables of internal and external service providers and strategic partners involved in the project.
Planning Activities 20%
• Sets overall direction and project delivery methodology at focused services hotel opening function, constantly evaluating efforts to maximize business value delivered.
• Identifies and evaluates technology and service or support opportunities to drive improvement in business or technical performance.
• Develops strategic plans that support corporate goals and objectives.
• Communicates technology schedule and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders.
• Sets short, medium and long-term goals and objectives for the function and department.
• Determines the appropriate Area technology objectives for the business to accomplish strategic technology objectives.
• Establishes department operational procedures and processes.
Organizing Activities 20%
• Works with key business partners and clients to ensure strategic alignment on business and technology objectives.
• Works with key stakeholders and departments to allocate necessary resources to accomplish objectives.
• Determines priorities for department and the process for the assignment of work.
• Report and engage with Senior Exec Level Operational owners and functional opening teams to ensure an open and proactive communication on key deliverables, timelines and project risks.
• Manages the cross-functional links between supporting departments.
• Implements appropriate measures and controls to ensure optimal performance of function and accomplishment of objectives.
• Implement Project Management methodology to delivery focused services projects on time and on budget.
Directing Activities 25%
• Oversees the development and administration of the department
• Provides direction to the department in the performance of its duties
• Influences decisions of owners, operators, functional groups and other stakeholders involved in focused services hotel opening.
• Oversees strategic partners and vendors to ensure proper project management, resource allocation and compliance with established service levels.
• Leverages effective partnerships with hotel ownership, vendors, internal constituents and other departments to accomplish objectives.
Controlling Activities 20%
• Provides day-to-day oversight of department activities, controls and measures to ensure achievement of objectives and compliance with company and department policies and procedures.
• Sets and approves departmental budget and oversees performance.
• Identifies tools, systems and processes necessary for department operation.
• Translates organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for department and individual positions.
• Establishes and enforces policies and procedures that will improve overall performance and effectiveness of the Company.
• Ensures team is equipped and trained to carry out objectives in a variety cultures and markets within the Area.
• Reviews and makes appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
Staffing Activities 15%
• Provides direction and leadership in the recruitment of Field Technology Services team members for focused services hotels.
• Identifies and develops top level talent to accomplish objectives and provide a pool of future leadership resources.
• Determines department staff training and development needs.
• Works with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, and their own career objectives.
• Define talent management plan to build a pool of future leadership resources to support and scale growth.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• Strong problem definition and risk analysis skills
• Creative problem solving skills
• Takes initiative when required
• Sees issues in business and financial terms
• Works effectively with third parties to deliver objectives
• Manages Budgets and reporting to agreed timescales
• Works with accuracy at an acceptable speed
• Works methodically in a way others can understand
• Takes responsibility for own work
• Uses logical assumptions and factual information to make decisions
• Learns from past experience and continually seeks to improve
• Ability to set, implement and maintain minimum standards
• Presents ideas / facts clearly – using appropriate interpersonal style
• Considers feelings and needs of others in actions and decisions
• Seeks ways to improve activities which produce a benefit to the customer (external or internal)
• Ability to modify approach or style to achieve goals
• Provides innovative solutions to problems
• Willing to make decisions
• Develops constructive relationships both internal and external to Hilton
• Maintains effectiveness in situations of disappointment and shows a suitable level of tenacity
• Adapts willingly to change
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to prioritize efforts effectively and flexibly adapt to changing business requirements in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to influence internal and external service providers to meet or exceed Hilton''s project objectives
• 4 year College Degree
• Significant progressive experience in a Technology roles, at least 5 years
• 6 years management and/or project management experience
• 5 years Vendor management experience
• 2 -4 years of experience as a project manager managing large, complex projects with multi-function teams
• Strong Communication Skill both in English and Mandarin
• Ability to travel as required
• Liaise with global/regional/site IT teams to achieve various business goals
• Solid experience in delivering IT project in hospitality industry is a must.
• Excellent communication skills in various scenarios
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Experience in hospitality industry, with mix of operational and technology roles
• Advance degree preferred
• Strong project management skills: Time management, skill assessment, resource planning, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Efficient problem solver
• Identify the risk and develop the risk mitigate plan, follow the escalation process as necessary.
• Responsible for developing effective relationships with business units at a regional or local level.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,100 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 69 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract