An Account Manager, Hilton Worldwide Sales (HWS) - Delhi will proactively manage and grow Share of Wallet accounts for Hilton Worldwide. The role will look after these accounts on a national and global basis, where relevant and be accountable for the performance of their account portfolio. They will create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both internal and external customers. The Senior Account Manager will develop account plans to drive market share for a set of defined accounts and support Hilton predominately in the domestic India Market. (Area Sales Office - ASO only).
What will I be doing?
As Account Manager, Hilton Worldwide Sales (HWS) - Delhi, you will work in the ASO / HWS team with other Account Managers / Directors and will be responsible for driving both group business and IBT into Hilton''s portfolio of hotels on a national and global basis. The Account Manager will be responsible for a set number of accounts to penetrate across all segments of the business. The activities will include managing transient RFP''s, driving Group business conversions, organising familiarisation trips and presenting to customers on new hotel openings. They will also be responsible for identifying new accounts outside of their account base, negotiating CMTG agreements to drive share and attending relevant tradeshows representing Hilton Worldwide. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop strategy and direction for the account base inline with the companies revenue strategies.
- Total account management focus, quickly identifying which segments of the business have the most opportunity to drive share.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities within their current account base.
- Execute strategic account development plans and supports communications of key messages internally & externally.
- Manage customer RFP''s increasing the number of solicited and accepted hotels to drive market share.
- Establish procedures and processes in relation to managing the account portfolio to drive market share.
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy and activities of their account base.
- Develop strong relationships with key hotels that receive business from the account portfolio understanding the hotels individually strategy.
- Implement plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company''s revenue strategies.
- Manage the RFP process ensuring the correct procedures are in place to support the client and drive business into Hilton.
- Direct assignment of tasks ensuring optimum allocation of resources, utilising the Venue Finder and HWS / ASO Co-ordinator.
- Ensure relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Establish and develop long term effective working relationships with key customers to drive business.
- Networking with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
- Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
- Maximizing all opportunities by developing relationships with third parties (MICE agents & TMC''s).
- To build, implement and communicate the account strategies, delivering the expected targets.
- To develop Account Plans that specify objectives time-scales and sales activities to support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account penetration.
- Accurately identify the level of influence and decision making power of contacts in the customer organisation and uses these to secure business.
- Attendance at Industry Conferences and events.
- Accountable for communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a quarterly basis, along with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
- Direct the accounts to ensure the maximum level of penetration.
- Execute organisational directives to the Sales Co-ordinator and the Venue Finder encouraging achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
- Review Account Development Plans on a quarterly basis, updating records accordingly.
- Implement account specific marketing initiatives to help drive the business.
- Agree marketing activity to underpin the account strategies and deliver increase market share.
- Ensure weekly 1:1''s are conducted with coordinator / Venue Finder as appropriate to accomplish goals.
- Assess actual performance versus the target to ensure success and takes corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure Account Development plan is followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary.
- Ensure RFP processes are followed in line with the Hilton Best Practice.
- Maintain Salesforce to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account information is kept.
- To ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton procedures.
- Work with the support team (Venue Finder / Co-coordinator) ensure tasks are carried out as directed by the customer.
- To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and communicate future plans.
- Review customer base to determine new opportunities for account penetration.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure productive and effective meetings are established and customer information cross referenced and to ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer value'' when dealing with a tender coming from a specific customer.
- Attendance at sales workshops.
- Involvement in various projects to support the ASO team''s strategies.
- Additional supportive functions as appropriate.
- Support Colleagues to achieve appointments with our clients for Sales Weeks.
- Plan and attend the Familiarisation Trips that are detailed in the account development plans to support driving market share.
What are we looking for?
An Account Manager, Hilton Worldwide Sales (HWS) - Delhi serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- University degree/ Diploma or experience in lieu thereof.
- Work experience in customer facing, revenue generating roles including management experience.
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings.
- Excellent communication skills: presentations, written and public speaking.
- Ability to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Lead by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals.
- Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others.
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to others.
- Budget development and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others.
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance.
- Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change.
- Prioritize, organize and use a systematic approach to get things done.
- Ability to think and articulate a vision for business sales and capable of translating this into practical and tangible actions.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Take calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate supervisor and other relevant team members.
- Contribute and is effective when team working with peers.
- Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate professional image to customers and external contacts.
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time.
- Adapt quickly and positively to any new situations.
- Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales and Marketing roles.
- In-depth knowledge of business sector management (preferred).
- Flexibility to travel.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth
of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Gurugram, India
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible