As the Director, Field IT Services – India, you will provide leadership for the Field Technology Services team in India Region. You will have overall responsibility for the implementation planning, deployment, operation and support of hotel technology solutions at opening and operating hotels that support the company''s strategic priorities of growth and maximizing performance within the Area. The purpose of this position is to drive alignment between corporate technology strategy and local technology activities. This involves understanding strategic technology directives and providing leadership, structure, standards and oversight to guide owners and operators in local technology decisions. It requires developing strong collaborative partnerships with hotels, owners, Brand and Operations leadership, business partners and vendors that result in the delivery and support of technology solutions that meet the needs of the business and accomplish the strategic objectives of the company.
This position will work closely with corporate, regional and local leadership from many disciplines to identify opportunities to drive operational, service and performance improvements through the application of technology. It will lead the Field IT team responsible for ensuring the smooth running of technology at managed / operated business, compliance to Hilton technology and security standards and is the point of escalation of any issues relating to Hilton''s core technology.
What will I be doing?
The Director, Field IT Services – India will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set overall direction and operating model for the India Field Technology Services function, constantly evaluating efforts to maximize business value delivered.
- Set short, medium and long term goals and objectives for the function and department.
- Identify and evaluate technology and service or support opportunities to drive improvement in business or technical performance.
- Develop strategic plans that support corporate goals and objectives.
- Communicate key technology messages to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development and communication of annual hotel technology plans.
- Determine the appropriate Area technology objectives for the business to accomplish strategic technology objectives.
- Establish department operational procedures and processes; Capital and Operational Budget planning / review/ control.
- Ensure hotel technology refreshes are completed in line with company standards and within suggested equipment lifecycle/warranties.
- Work with key business partners and clients to ensure strategic alignment on business and technology objectives.
- Work with key stakeholders and departments to allocate necessary resources to accomplish objectives.
- Determine priorities for department and the process for the assignment of work.
- Report and engage with Senior Exec Level Operational owners and their teams to ensure an open and proactive communication flow between IT and the Operation teams.
- Streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Manage the cross-functional links between supporting departments.
- Implement appropriate measures and controls to ensure optimal performance of function and accomplishment of objectives.
- Provide direction to the department in the performance of its duties as well as oversee the development and administration of the department.
- Influence decisions of division, departments and individual team members involved in accomplishing the organization''s mission, goals and objectives through motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership.
- Identify regional third party vendor solutions where appropriate that fit within the corporate technology vendor framework.
- Oversee regional third party vendors to ensure compliance with established service levels.
- Monitor and Drive SLA''s of core business partners and suppliers (e.g. global helpdesk and 3rd party vendors).
- Leverage effective partnerships with hotel ownership, vendors, internal constituents and other departments to accomplish objectives.
- Provide direction and leadership to team members within the Field Technology Services function.
- Identify and develop top level talent to accomplish current objectives and provide a pool of future leadership resources.
- Determine department staff training and development needs.
- Work with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, and their own career objectives.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of department activities, controls and measures to ensure achievement of objectives and compliance with company and department policies and procedures.
- Identify tools, systems and processes necessary for department operation.
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for department and individual positions.
- Establish and enforce policies and procedures that will improve overall performance and effectiveness of the Company.
- Ensure return on invested capital and time resources.
- Ensure team is equipped and trained to carry out objectives in a variety cultures and markets within the Area.
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
What are we looking for?
A Director, Field IT Services – India serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Four (4) year college degree or significant work experience in lieu thereof.
- Significant experience of ten (10) or more years in technology roles, including five (5) years of management and leadership experience.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, hospitality technology and relationship management.
- Strong Business Communication skills.
- Vendor management experience.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience in full service, resort or other complex hotels or hospitality-based business, with a mix of experience from operational and technology roles.
- Experience in hotel openings and project management.
- Global experience advantageous.
- Ability to direct and motivate a talented team.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills; includes ability to identify message points for presentations and ability to proactively identify appropriate opportunities to share those messages with all constituent groups.
- Ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout the Hilton organization, including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Company goals. Includes establishing and maintaining regular communications with Hilton management teams, brands, and other constituent groups as appropriate.
- Ability to analyze departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Set standards for leadership by example, including ability to effect change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within appropriate levels of enterprise; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in keeping with core strategic goals.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to advocate and implement professional development for self, direct reports and others, including capability to work with peers and other resources to provide development and mentoring opportunities; includes adherence to organization''s standards for performance feedback.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Gurugram, India
- Starting in
- As soon as possible