The Hilton Rotterdam is located within walking distance of Rotterdam''s major conference locations, central railway station and shopping areas. Our facilities include Roots that offers a place to lunch, dine and relax.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the most recognized names in the industry. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow''s savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand''s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member at Hilton Rotterdam. Because at Hilton Hotels & Resorts we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
As Guest Service Supervisor, you report the Front Desk Manager. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Front Desk, including porters and Executive Lounge.
- Be able to perform all the tasks of a receptionist, a porter and the duties in the Executive Lounge.
- Be aware of all policies and procedures regarding Front Office and the involved systems.
- Attend management meetings in absence of the Front Desk Manager.
- Be familiar with the daily activities in the hotel.
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel, its facilities and its surroundings.
- Be hospitable and have a 5* star proactive serviceable attitude at all times.
- Prepare and guide the daily shift handover in order to obtain all the relevant information from the previous shift, including the volume of business, special guests, tasks to be clarified and completed and special events.
- Monitor results from QA & SALT and implement procedures to enhance results.
- Welcome and check in and check out Guests according to the Hilton Brand Service Standards and check team members on doing so.
- Know the emergency equipment, emergency phones, emergency alarms and procedures in the hotel and know what to do in case of emergency.
- Be familiar with the departmental and hotel targets regarding guest satisfaction (SALT), Hhonors loyalty program and Rooms Revenue and use these as a focus for your work on a daily basis. Actively participate in the department up-sell incentive programme in order to reach the departmental up-sell targets.
- Work as Journey Ambassador and take Duty shifts.
- Responsible for cash inventory allocated during shift and control of cash inventory of those team members on your shift.
- Control of reservations and room type availability during shift and upcoming period.
- Decide on reductions and price discounts after consultation with FDM or reservations.
- Scheduling of staff according to volume and nature of business making sure payroll targets, forecast and budget are met without compromising guest service.
- Preparation and processing of group arrivals and departures.
- Supports the Front Desk Manager in carrying out all administrative tasks and takes over tasks as discussed/agreed.
- Independently work with different Front Desk systems.
- Work closely together with Team Members from all different departments to ensure guest expectations are met.
- Coaches and mentors (new) Team Members and carries out 1 to 1 and PDR conversations.
To successfully fulfill this role, you should maintain the following attitude, behaviour, skills, and values:
- Relevant education and/or experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Accountable and flexible
- Pay attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own and in teams
- Willingness to develop team members and yourself
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Starting in
- As soon as possible