The Director of Finance will manage Hilton''s newest resort and entertainment complex in Qatar. The facilities consist of a hotel, villas, water park, marina, sports and entertainment facilities. The Resort Finance Manager and Finance Teams report to this Director role. The resort is scheduled to open in 2020 and can be found on Google and YouTube under its working title ''Salwa Beach Resort''..
What will I be doing?
The Director of Finance will ensure the resort finance teams work together to manage the finance function, produce budgets and forecasts, report on business results, and communicate regularly to the resort management team, regional specialist and the owning company. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and help to set up the pre-opening budget for the resort
- Prepare the complex FF&E and OS&E requirements
- Set up financial accounting processes as per Hilton policy and procedures
- Develop and set best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximize impact and efficiency
- Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Comply with Hilton policies and procedures across the area, maximizing performance on the Finance Balanced Scorecard
- Manage the hotels'' relationships with business partners to ensure excellent service by providing quality input such as the accurate and timely processing of invoices, banking and main stakeholders
- Review regularly the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all units of the complex controlled accounts and explain all balances even if reconciled elsewhere
- Assist the executive committee to enhance their financial awareness and provide them with relevant financial information on their operations
A Director of Finance serving at Hilton is always working on behalf of our guests and is working with other team members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the values that follow:
- Previous experience in a similar role with opening experience
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and the willingness to coach and train others
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of commercial business, especially as it relates to hotel management
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Doha, Qatar
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract