**This position requires FULL availability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee a set 40 hour work week**
An Order Taker is responsible for answering telephones and taking guest food and beverage orders in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Order Taker, you would be responsible for answering telephones and taking guest food and beverage orders in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Answer Room Service telephones and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu, including, but not limited to, restaurant promotions, specials, how menu items are prepared, etc.
- Upsell food and beverage items including, but not limited to, sides, dessert, beverages and special promotion items
- Take guest food and beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Reconcile check upon delivery of order including, but not limited to, verifying check totals, gratuity disbursement and managing the cash drawer and house bank in accordance with established accounting guidelines
What are we looking for?
Please note this position is part of the Local Union and required open availability (Days/Nights/Weekends/Holidays), No overnights required.
Full-time hours are not guaranteed or likely upon hire. Schedule is based on seniority and business needs. Shifts are typically 5:45am-2:15pm, and/or 3:00pm-11:30pm, however, times can vary.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Barrio Logan, San Diego, CA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible