The beautiful Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel is looking for their next Safety & Security Manager! The Safety & Security Manager acts in absence of Director and assists in establishing and implementing operational procedures to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the property. Coordinates and leads response to emergency conditions, such as fire, safety hazards, threats to life and/or property. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff. Assists in the planning of budgets, development of policies and programs, conducting investigations, resolving general liability claims, administering safety training and programs and reviewing incident trends and developing associated action plans. Serves as property representative with local government.
What will I be doing?
As a Safety & Security Manager, you would be responsible for directing and administering the implementation of all safety and security programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- In coordination with the Director, follow-up on all team member and guest accident reports by ensuring that interviews of the team members and guests are completed. Ensure that written statements from all witnesses and/or guest are completed.
In coordination with the Director, initiates and/or conducts inquiries and investigations into all criminal activity that occurs on hotel property.
Provide training both ongoing and new hire on Life Safety System, layout of building, report writing, hotel policy and procedures. Also, ensure quarterly training and Corporate Standard Practice Instructions are reviewed by officers.
Conduct annual departmental reviews of all Supervisors and Officers. Prepare follow-up action plans and periodic reviews.
Assist in the training of all team members in OSHA mandated training, Safe Work Practices and team member safety and accident prevention.
In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform mandatory Security Department Training functions.
- Responsible for monthly Safety statistics.
- Work with Event Services and Catering Department to coordinate contract security.
- Liaison with hotel client(s) and Law Enforcement.
- Follow-up with guest accidents and property loss/damage reports pertaining to the claim status.
- Member of the Safety Committee.
- Obtain certification as CPR instructor. Assist in scheduling CPR for required hotel team members.
- Assists with maintaining Emergency Safety Supplies located in various locations throughout the hotel.
- Assist with HHC''s annual audit of hotel''s Safety and Security program.
- To follow all of the duties and responsibilities of the Department Manual and assist the on duty shift when it is deemed necessary.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Barrio Logan, San Diego, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible