A Busperson / Server Assistant is responsible for setting & clearing restaurant tables; stocks all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Busperson / Server Assistant is responsible for setting & clearing restaurant tables; stocks all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare table for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all serviceware as prescribed.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments. Wipe down booths and chairs, move tables and chairs, and clean floors as necessary.
- Serve guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary. Assist server with food & beverage service to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
What are we looking for?
Prefer six (6) months previous bussing experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a Washington Health Card Permit; Oregon Liquor Service Permit; Alcohol Service Permit. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware.
- Ability to understand and communicate English to comprehend and respond to basic guest requests. Ability to understand written English to read any caution or safety notices.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Seattle, WA, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible