Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center is searching for a friendly, reliable, Full Time Maintenance Engineer to join our team!
This position requires the availability to work day shift (7am - 3pm) Monday - Friday during initial onboarding period, and graveyard shift (11pm - 7am) after initial training has been completed. Weekdays, weekends and holidays are required after initial training period.
This is a great opportunity for someone with basic work experience in maintenance (electrical, plumbing, HVAC) to gain valuable experience learning more about all functions within Maintenance Engineering.
What will I be doing?
A Facilities Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining the guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Inspect guestrooms, public space and back of the house for areas to repair, touch up or replace.
- Repairs, or replace items such as light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall coverings, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous items.
- Assists other department team members in the systematic application of the preventive maintenance program.
- Makes records of repairs made, or areas needing further attention.
- Basic experience in the following maintenance trades: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC
- Open availability to work a flexible schedule, including day shift for training period (1-3 months) and graveyard shift (11pm-7am) on a regular basis thereafter.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and/or refrigeration certification (EPA) preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
- CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic hand and power tools.
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible