Do you like to be in the driving seat? We are looking for a Director of Sales!
A Director of Sales manages the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local market.
What will I be doing?
As Director of Sales, your main responsibility is to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels in close collaboration with the Senior Management Team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Implement a unified, innovated and strategic marketing vision that generates demand and ensures new customer conversion within all segments
- Provide leadership to the sales team, coach, motivate and drive the team contributing to achieve goals & objectives
- Build and leverage existing customer relations and retention
- Partner with the Revenue Management team to include, but not limited to, determining sales pricing strategies, developing rates, establishing group thresholds, determining space utilization policy, deploying competitive data strategies, conducting demand analysis and managing market mix
- Actively participate and complete the preparation of the annual Sales Plan, quarterly updates, and annual budgets
- Execute initiatives as outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competition
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the hotel and the management company
- Support a positive team unit that''s aligned with Hilton''s values
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and flexibility to respond to a range of different situations
- Ability to work well under time pressure and/or demanding travel schedules
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the local market
- Passion for sales and target-based performance
- Relevant degree, in sales, business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution, with previous experience in a Sales role with the proven ability to close a sale
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible