A Porter welcomes Guests, assists with arrival and departure procedures, offers current information to Guests as requested, and escorts Guests and messages for Guests to and from Guest rooms and other hotel areas.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter, you will serve on the Guest Services and Front Office Teams to meet Guest needs upon arrival and departure and to provide a comfortable stay for Guests by accommodating requests for information and assistance throughout the hotel. A Porter will complete the following tasks:
- Welcome Guests on arrival and assist them during their stay
- Manage Guest luggage
- Show guests to their rooms and explain the amenities and emergency procedures
- Receive and deliver mail and messages for the hotel and Guests
- Prepare the lobby information board on a daily basis
- Maintain current information on all hotel services as well as external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
- Provide support to the Concierge as required in cases of emergency
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and Guest service
What are we looking for?
A Porter serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience working within the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- Excellent personal presentation
- Strong communication skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Attentive to detail
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Sydney, Australia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract