An Assistant Sales Manager supports the Sales Team through analysis and reporting of results and trends, recommends sales approaches to expand and add business, and develops the skills and culture of the Sales Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Sales Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with the Sales Team to analyse market trends, report results and develop a Sales Team to execute the selling strategy and achieve business objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Analyse local market trends and develop new business leads
- Maximise all Revenue opportunities
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments'' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Ensure the Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards and pro-active selling
- Develop and implement creative local marketing channels including social media sites
- Work within current business strategies and recognise potential opportunities
- Communicate with all departments as required within each hotel
- Attend Sales events when required
- Report on a weekly/monthly basis appointments, calls made, and list of business leads
- Answer customer queries in a timely and suitable manner
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Previous experience in sales role with the ability to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Business degree, or any relevant qualification, would be advantageous
- Native or excellence in Japanese language
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- 9, Minato-ku, Japan
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible