A Barback / Barporter is responsible for the initial preparation and servicing of all permanent and portable bars operating within the hotel.
What will I be doing?
A Barback / Barporter is responsible for the initial preparation and servicing of all permanent and portable bars operating within the hotel. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Retrieves orders from storeroom. Visually checks stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel, to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-checks items with bartender for completeness.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits, mixes and pours juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Stores back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later use.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the immediate bar and extended service area. Transports taps, replaces and performs routine maintenance requirements on heavy beer kegs.
- Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoops ice from ice bins, transports to service areas and replenishes ice containers for usage.
- Boxes and saves empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Previous experience in beverage service industry preferred.
Previous bartender, barback/bar porter or beverage server experience preferred.
Some hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Food Service Sanitation certification. Alcohol Service permit (if state required).
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Meet minimum age requirements of jurisdiction
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be knowledgeable in preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, tap kegs and extend arms overhead to stock items.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient for the employee to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 300 lbs., at a continuous schedule.
- Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerated.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible