A Cook III is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing food and controlling quality of all food items prepared in the different kitchen stations, i.e., meats, fish, vegetables, bread products, sauces, stocks, seasoning, etc.
What will I be doing?
A Cook III is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing food and controlling quality of all food items prepared in the different kitchen stations, i.e., meats, fish, vegetables, bread products, sauces, stocks, seasoning, etc. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes or, as otherwise specified by supervisor, to ensure consistency of product to the guest; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, especially on all fresh produce, checking on portion control, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas clean, working condition in order to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Ensures that all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for following recipes. Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in workstation.
What are we looking for?
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of the broiler, sauté, fry, roast, moist heat and other cooking methods.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other team members.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slices, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on continuous schedule.
- Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible