A Food Runner is in charge of the set-up and maintenance of food station and kitchen area. This task is to be handled in an efficient, neat, friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Food Runner is in charge of the set-up and maintenance of food station and kitchen area. This task is to be handled in an efficient, neat, friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Expedite all food orders that come out of the window in a timely manner. Make sure that all
orders are fulfilled and all modifications to the food orders have been done correctly by the Culinary/Kitchen staff. In addition, prep and maintain cold foods such as salads and fruits. You are to ensure that all food presentation is served nicely and consistent. The presentations need to be servable and meet our outlet standards. Deliver all baskets to the correct table that is on the ticket in a timely manner. Ensure guest satisfaction and that the food presentation meets the guest''s needs.
- Prep side work: Ranch dressing in the 2 oz. portion containers. Restock Asian slaw in 4oz. portion containers. Restock bags of tortilla chips, potato chips, packets of Oreo cookies, forks, knifes, spoons, dressing and condiments on a regular basis.
- Keep the condiment products in the back storeroom organized and stocked. Provide the Manager on Duty a daily order for perishable products.
- Cleanliness: Sanitize all food areas and surfaces on a daily basis. Ensure that the reach-in coolers are cleaned thoroughly daily.
What are we looking for?
High school education preferred.
Six (6) months experience in food handling/food knowledge preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance certification.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, and communicate with guests.
- Ability to remember and recite food items.
- Ability to transport large plates/baskets weighing up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room and replenish food on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment and stand for extended periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible