A Hawaiian Culture Activities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating guest recreation activities. Serves as the liaison or ambassador of the hotel assisting with any and all information that is required, and giving the utmost effort in rendering the highest service possible.
What will I be doing?
A Hawaiian Culture Activities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating guest recreation activities. Serves as the liaison or ambassador of the hotel assisting with any and all information that is required, and giving the utmost effort in rendering the highest service possible. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plans, supervises and conducts various activities for all guests. Monitors the quality of these activities and ensures that the concepts are maintained. Perpetuates Hawaiian culture by coordinating Hawaiian activities to include but not limited to hula lessons, lei making, ukulele lessons, arts and crafts, conch shell blowing lessons etc.
- Greets and communicates with guests with a smile, in a warm, friendly and confident manner. Informs the guests of the day''s activities and explains each event.
- Maintains supplies, ordering proper materials for crafts and activities. Develops materials for special activities and programs as required.
What are we looking for?
High school diploma preferred
1 year customer service experience required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. CPR Certificate and First Aid training required.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge and ability to teach, Ukulele, hula, lei making
- Ability to read, listen and communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Hawaiian culture and history.
- Ability to travel throughout the facility during the shift.
- Ability to operate office equipment (copy machines, fax machine, etc.)
- Ability to effectively deal with guest or other employees, some of whom will require patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and solve concerns.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible