A Laundry Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linens for the hotel.
What will I be doing?
A Laundry Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linens for the hotel. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Perform all stages of linen processing (i.e., sorting and weighing soiled and unsoiled linen, loading and unloading washers and dryers, folding and storing linen).
- Clean laundry machinery.
- Assist in laundry inventories.
- Clean laundry area.
- Fold and store valet and laundry bags.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
6 months laundry experience/housekeeping/janitorial experience preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
- Ability to stand on feet up to 7 hours a day and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate washer and dryer equipment.
- Physically able to move / lift, large, heavy objects such as: linen, linen carts and/or bags of linen
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: brooms, spray bottles
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form, over the phone or in person.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to the laundry area.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations. and in our communities.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Waikoloa Village, HI, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible