At Hilton York, each of our 131 rooms are designed with comfort and convenience in mind; providing a place for our guests to unwind or to catch up on work. With various types of rooms & suites, we can accommodate the most discerning of traveller with a space that''s right for them.
What will I be doing?
As a Deputy Housekeeper, you''ll be part of an established & driven team responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an exceptional Guest and Team Member experience. Our Deputy Housekeeper will also be required to assist the Head Housekeeper and monitor standards. More specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist with overseeing Housekeeping operations
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Support departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Assist Head Housekeeper to maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training to support Head Housekeeper
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Support managing, training and developing the Front Office team
- Deputise in absence of Head Housekeeper
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
What are we looking for?
A Deputy Housekeeper working with Hilton York is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, we''ll be looking for the attitude, skills, and values that follow:
- Housekeeping experience in the hotel/lodging sector in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to exceptional levels of service
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of IT proficiency
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day& their contributions are at the core of our success. We''re committed tohelping our teams ''Thrive@Hilton'', to ensure we''re our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & well being:
Retirementplan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcarevouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Teammember room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week)
Salary - £19,400 per annum Hilton perks & benefits package
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- York, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible