A Purchasing Manager will work with suppliers to negotiate contracts, purchase required goods, and keep accurate records of transactions, trends, and performance with vendors.
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing Manager, you will work with suppliers to negotiate contracts, purchase required goods, and keep accurate records of transactions, trends, and performance with vendors. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Group Nominated suppliers where applicable
- Ensure locally Nominated supplier information is kept current
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers
- Ensure Purchasing Manual is current
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all Hilton policies and standards are upheld
- Work with the Finance Manager / Director to draft the annual budget
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Manage relationships with hotel suppliers and report on their performance
- Manage employee relations, recruiting Team Members as required, and follow the appraisal procedures for Team Members
- Supervise the operation of the stores, uphold company health and safety, quality assurance and control procedures, make improvements to the level of control, compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Hotel Management
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a purchasing/procurement
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure at all times
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Putuo Qu, Zhoushan Shi, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible