The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton’s brands, development, customer, marketing, digital, revenue, and sales organizations with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team is fully integrated within the business functions to ensure close partnerships and to more effectively measure and drive company performance consisting of domain professionals who serve as strategic advisors to key partners.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Analytics, you will support the analytic efforts as part of a cross-functional project team supporting major commercial initiatives, decision making, and revenue management strategies. Heavily embedded with the business, the role will need to provide key analytical capabilities during strategy development, requirements gathering, modeling, and measurement applications. The role will also collaborate with other Commercial (revenue and sales) Analytic Leads in developing advanced techniques including statistical analysis to monitor the ongoing efficiency of critical initiatives. Additionally, this role will have a focus on driving automation into day-to-day analytical workflows.
More specifically, you will:
- Run queries to pull data extracts, synthesize analyses, and interpret trends and variances.
- Support key reoccurring business reporting including the Commercial Performance Review and Commercial sections of the Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
- Collect and analyze data to support projects with cross-functional analytic and business teams, including but not limited to data science, marketing, digital, customer and product teams.
- Gather requirements with the business or key partner groups.
- Measure and monitor the performance and effectiveness of strategic commercial initiatives.
- Log and track project and ad-hoc deliverables using demand management software.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and organized teammates, who build positive relationships and trust
- Strong probing and problem-solving skills while using analytical techniques
- Multi-taskers, who manage multiple projects and priorities effectively under time constraints
- Persuasive communicators, who will positively influence Hilton’s partners with clear and concise messaging
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilize analytical skills, and possesses adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Continuous learner, bringing new ideas and updated tools/methods for the team to use
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) months of professional experience in roles creating and analyzing reports, gathering reporting requirements, developing reports and dashboards
- Six (6) months working with data representation, storytelling, analyses, and modeling
- Experience with BI and data tools (including SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc.)
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas
- One (1) year of professional experience
- One (1) year of functional experience in Hotel Sales, Revenue Management, or Hospitality Analytics
- Experience in advanced analytic techniques, particularly within R or Python toolkits
- Can balance and translate complex analytical methodologies into organizational and business objectives
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.