***This position will be Field Based***
With more than 600 Sales professionals in offices around the world, our Global Sales Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of scale, access, competence, and experience. Our Sales teams are fully engaged in providing a differentiated selling platform for our portfolio of brands. We are focused on being the most global, integrated, and relevant salesforce in the industry, relentlessly driven to grow market share. Our global sales team is consistently recognized as a top selling and customer-service focused organization throughout the industry. We conduct business in 42 languages serving 25,000 customers in 101 countries from offices located around the globe. This ensures that the team truly understands the unique needs and opportunities of regions around the world, right down to the local level.
What will I be doing?
Hilton is looking for an Assistant Managing Director, All-Inclusive Hotel Leisure Sales to handle a portfolio of Leisure accounts (Tour Operator and Travel Agency) that focus on selling All-Inclusive hotel products. Hilton is expanding its portfolio in the All-Inclusive market, and we need a sales leader with breadth of experience, and the desire to lead in building this market for Hilton.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining accounts ownership with the goal of driving revenue and market share growth. In addition, you will lead a small team toward achieving key goals and sales targets, including complete account qualification to define (at a minimum): number of events, total revenue potential, booking patterns and history, decision-making factors, resources, competition, and event, business and personal needs.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and establish a strong coaching culture, instilling value engagement principles for working with corporations. You will help your team set goals and empower them to achieve.
- Build a collective mentoring culture by leading by example and holding oneself and other leaders accountable for excellent performance.
- Drive All-Inclusive Tour Operator and Travel Agency leisure segment sales, with a roster of global and national accounts.
- Source new international and domestic accounts from Tour Operator, FIT, AAA, Wholesale Accounts and Retail Travel Agencies.
- Identify and execute a profitable Partner Marketing Co-op Plan with selected partners to drive a positive Return on Investment.
- Represent Hilton at industry trade shows, special industry events, road shows and other activities to elevate positive customer awareness of Hilton to drive segment growth.
- Qualify accounts in compliance with account governance protocol.
- Ensure the client’s day-to-day needs are met while identifying viable opportunities for deliberate initiatives crafted to improve operational and financial performance.
- Lead overall account planning strategy to facilitate growth.
- Aggregate client account-based growth data and evaluate areas of opportunity.
- Model account-based trends on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis, and compare data with the previous years' results and forecast future account-based growth rates.
- Deep understanding in all brands to understand buyer activity and maximize Hilton shelf space.
- Ensure revenue and ancillary goals/targets are achieved.
- Quarterback the total account management process.
- Anticipate client needs and build account plans tailored to each client.
- Supervise buying and mine opportunities within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue and market share.
- Network with business decision makers and executives to encourage positive buying.
- Understand All-Inclusive industry trends that impact customer buying and offer creative solutions.
- Be the top tier authority on selling All-Inclusive product both internally and externally.
- Act as a liaison between clients and hotels when business requires.
At Hilton, we are accessible, responsive, and consultative to all of our partners. You can expect to deliver to:
- Clients – communicate information that will influence a positive buying decision.
- Owners – build significant and individualized partnerships to provide unlimited value.
- Brands – build partnerships using a defined and differentiated sales method and will improve and collect up-to-date knowledge of existing Hotels, New Development, processes/procedures to share with customers to influence positive buying decisions and revenue production.
- Colleagues - become dedicated to a 'One-Team' commercial culture while living the Heart of Hilton.
- Hotels – ensure full alignment, shared intelligence and active engagement to achieve goals.
- Sales Support – efficiently lead non-selling activity in support of driving sales results.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Deep knowledge of customer procurement strategies, structure, businesses, and commonalities in alignment with Hilton
- Ability to understand predictive analytics and deliver revenue monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Strong communication and outstanding customer service skills (verbal, written), while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
- Strong account development and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytics skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weakness of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or perspectives to problem
- Strong negotiation skills that can be used to capitalize on value for internal and external partners
- Self-starter, well organized, very detailed and self-assured at times, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and optimally handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Experience working independently with minimal direction
- Can work overtime as needed
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7+) years of professional experience
- Three (3+) years of professional selling experience working in the All-Inclusive hotel segment
- Three (3) years hotel travel industry sales experience at the regional, national and/or corporate level
- Experience with leading a remote sales team
- Experience maintaining national/global accounts
- Travel up to 40%
- In depth knowledge of the hospitality travel industry
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Deep understanding of Delphi or similar property sales management system
- Experience in Central and South America Speak
- English and Spanish fluently
- Experience using Salesforce (SFDC)
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.