The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is looking for a Controller to join our team. Our 9 story hotel is set in a glass atrium and is located in the heart of downtown South Bend. We proudly offer our guests a full service restaurant, Baker's Bar & Grill, Starbucks, 15,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space, an indoor pool and fitness center.
The Hotel Controller will be responsible for all financial systems, internal controls, financial reporting for our South Bend, Indiana location.
- Oversee the operations of the Hotel accounting department, including strong managerial skills with the ability to train and develop the accounting staff at the Hotel.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements, accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Review of night audit package, including but not limited to, the Daily Revenue Report and posting to the general ledger.
- Prepare and review budgets, forecasts and operating results.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales, use and occupancy tax filings, including regulatory compliance concerning tax exempt revenue. Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Prepare daily reconciliations for cash, credit cards, accounts receivable and sales / occupancy taxes. Investigate and resolve variances.
- Ensures the proper and timely billing of all receivables, including individual, group, airlines and credit cards. Follow through and documents all written and verbal collection efforts for all accounts receivable. Respond to all inquiries regarding accounts receivable. Researches chargebacks, credit card variances and disputed charges.
- On a monthly basis, prepare required reports and documentation of all aged accounts receivable detail including a determination of the allowance for doubtful account and/or accounts receivable write-offs.
- Responsible for administering all accounts payables in a timely manner.
- Review and approval of weekly payroll, verifying compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ensure the Hotel is in compliance with current Accounting Policy Procedures and Controls. Review internal accounting processes for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Polices and the Uniform Systems of Accounts for the Lodging Industry.
- Continually look and recommend improvements and efficiencies to current accounting practices.
- Ensure that all house banks and petty cash are handled properly and are counted on a regular basis.
- Work closely and cooperate with the supervisors of all departments in the collection of financial data.
- Able to work in a union environment and verify compliance with all related financial aspects of the union agreement.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- A four-year degree in accounting, as well as 2 - 4 years minimum related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel operations, services and accounting.
- Accounting experience in full-service hotels.
- Proficiency in computer accounting systems and spreadsheets. Experience using M3, OnQ, ADP a plus.
- Self-motivated to take charge and assume responsibility.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
Life & Disability
Paid Vacation & Holidays
Free Parking & Meal Program
Hilton Travel Discounts
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.