BASIC PURPOSE: The Convention Services Manager is responsible for the selling, planning and oversight of all convention and meeting space functions
DAILY/WEEKLY AND OR MONTHLY TASKS MAY INCLUDE:
- Plan, upsell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- Direct a team of individuals, including banquet and/or catering employees to provide client needs
- Physically assist with all needs of the function, including set up and tear down if and when necessary
- Prepare the appropriate resumes and paperwork to ensure quality service.
- Work with clients to ensure that their vision is matched to your property offerings
- Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied.
- Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Improve hotel convention services' products through; (a) the development of new sales tools, menus, themes, and decorations, (b) the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers needs.
- Exercise your understanding of hotel offerings to plan, masterfully sell, and detail all aspects of event orchestration for optimal guest experience, recurring sales opportunities, and sales goal revenue achievement.
- Keep communication flowing and transparent between client, hotel departments, and external resources, ensuring expectations are clear and services are delivered without flaw ensuring a “wow” guest experience.
- When the unforeseen occurs, respond with swift effectiveness to elevate the guest experience and achieve financial goals.
- Must be willing to assist in other departments as the needs of the property arise, and as directed by a supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
A high school education or equivalent is required, with a four-year college degree helpful
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a related position is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Catering Sales and Food and Beverage industries is expected.
Physical Job Requirements
Position requires a hands-on approach to planning and overseeing functions ranging from small to extensive. This will include frequent pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying of linens, glass and dishware, tables and chairs of various sizes, AV equipment, and various other meeting needs.
Functions of this job include frequent bending, stooping and kneeling during the course of a shift.
This position requires total mobility
Position includes an extensive amount of standing and walking during the course of a shift
May require climbing of moderate amount of stairs
- One-on-one communication with guests, supervisors, and coworkers is critical
- Must be able to receive, understand and give directions within the Sales Department
- Must be able to clearly communicate property, company and contract information to clients
- Must have exceptional written and verbal skills, as well as ability to compose professional and articulate emails and written communication
- Must be able to understand, compile and submit reports in an efficient manner
Protective Clothing: No protective clothing typically needed in the performance of tasks required of this position
No. of employees supervised: May require supervision of 1 or more
Travel required: Some local travel may be required as directed by the DOS
- Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
- Managers are expected to put in additional hours above and beyond a standard 40 hour work week in order to complete the tasks required, lend assistance and support to the department, and assist with coverage throughout the hotel as may be needed.
Must adhere to the time and attendance policies set forth by the company
Health, Vision, and Dental
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.