About the job
A Credit Assistant will assist the timely credit collections of outstanding payments, will maintain accurate records of accounts, and will participate in Team meetings to inform the Finance department of any issues.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist Credit Manager with the timely credit collections of all outstanding payments
- Attend credit meetings
- Monitor credit limits of all outstanding accounts
- Work with the Credit Manager to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits to the various accounts
- Follow up on all overdue accounts and send to debt collectors, as required
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
What are we looking for?
A Credit Assistant serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a high volume credit control function within a hotel environment
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to communicate firmly and clearly with internal and external customers
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
- Excellence in accuracy and attention to detail
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Department: Other