A Demi Chef de Partie, with DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront, is responsible for ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent guest experience while assisting with food cost control, ordering and supervising kitchen staff or a lower grade. Additionally, you'll be innovative, passionate and contribute to menu creation. This position will be offered on a full-time basis.
Reporting into the Head Chef, a Demi Chef de Partie will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards;
- Prepare and present high-quality food;
- Supervise and support staff of a lower grade;
- Work collaboratively with your senior Chef's;
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross-contamination;
- Prepare all mise-en-place for all relevant menus;
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure food product is of good quality and stored correctly;
- Assist in controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets;
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships;
- Assist management in the training of all staff in compliance with company procedures;
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues;
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation; and
- Be environmentally aware.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the qualifications, skills, and experience that follow:
- Previous experience in Demi Chef De Partie or equivalent position within a restaurant or hotel setting;
- A current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification (proof required);
- Achieved a basic food hygiene certificate;
- Full availability and the flexibility to work nights, including weekends and public holidays;
- Good communication skills, and ability to work under pressure and to work both autonomously or within the team; and
- Unrestricted Australian Working Rights.
DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on the little details that have a big impact. That's why our team members worldwide strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts and acts of kindness unique to the brand - starting with our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. The DoubleTree by Hilton's unique culture of CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) is a primary reason we have been consistently recognised for our commitment to building a service culture.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: competitive industry wages, exclusive food & beverage and accommodation discounts, career development planning and opportunities, and an investment in your well being to include flexible working arrangements that support you in making space for what matters most.